+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

getting married after AOR -- urgent and important

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am a FSW application in the post AOR stage.

I am intending to add my wife to the application. I was recalculating our points in the points calculator and I see that our points increase if I add her; however, I was browsing through the forum and I see that there are no IELTS documents or documents for WES are asked for her. Is this true? Will she not have to give IELTS and get her credentials certified? we want to go to canada together and I want to ensure we are not doing any document or process mistake.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Feb 27, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am intending to add my wife to the application. I was recalculating our points in the points calculator and I see that our points increase if I add her; however, I was browsing through the forum and I see that there are no IELTS documents or documents for WES are asked for her. Is this true? Will she not have to give IELTS and get her credentials certified? we want to go to canada together and I want to ensure we are not doing any document or process mistake.

This is what happens when you try to do DIY ! Although there are no requirements, adding your spouse's IELTS score and her WES assessment will increase the overall points of your application and you should have added your wife in the very first place. Not declaring your spouse constitutes mis-representation under section A40(1) of the Immigration & Refugee Protection Act and you will not able to later sponsor her under section R125(1)(d) of the Immigration & Refugee Protection Regulations.

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hello Singh,

I got married post AOR. I have done the research that the points wont be recalculated, just not sure if she needs to do IELTS and ECA.

Thanks!

Feb 27, 2022
Hello Singh,

I got married post AOR. I have done the research that the points wont be recalculated, just not sure if she needs to do IELTS and ECA.

Thanks!
You will have to add her to your application. IELTS and ECA is not a requirement for her if you are the principal applicant. She will get zero on those areas in the CRS. Do you have a Job offer or PNP. May I ask how many points you are accumulating?

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

Spouse/partner added after AOR will not affect your CRS score as long as the marriage or the common-law relationship happens after you already receive your AOR. However, the spouse/partner's admissibility will directly impact your application result: if he/she is inadmissible for medical/criminality/security reasons, your PR application will also be denied as well.

Reactions: faheem7791

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
@
Spouse/partner added after AOR will not affect your CRS score as long as the marriage or the common-law relationship happens after you already receive your AOR. However, the spouse/partner's admissibility will directly impact your application result: if he/she is inadmissible for medical/criminality/security reasons, your PR application will also be denied as well.
Thanks a lot for your quick response! Can you let me know the option to select in the webform? I dont see an option of Adding Spouse in the webform. Thanks!

faheem7791

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Thanks a lot for your prompt response!

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi, can you please share your response here? Thanks a lot for your help!
@faheem7791 you just raise a webform and tell them of the change in family composition. IRCC will share the necessary list of documents with you.