+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting LMIA job offer

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hi all,

I’m writing on behalf of my brother and I hope your advice would help me.

Recently My brother submitted his express entry profile but it’s hardly reaches above 400 which is way less than minimum draws and he has little chance at the time being.

But as an mechanical engineer (application engineer) he works with multinational companies back in home and I believe he could be strong candidate for most of companies to get a job offer.

However due to long process of getting LMIA ,most of the companies hesitates to do so,Can anyone tells me if any recruiter or thirdparty human recources can help me on this to convince them to get into the proceedure?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

Recently My brother submitted his express entry profile but it’s hardly reaches above 400 which is way less than minimum draws and he has little chance at the time being.

But as an mechanical engineer (application engineer) he works with multinational companies back in home and I believe he could be strong candidate for most of companies to get a job offer.

However due to long process of getting LMIA ,most of the companies hesitates to do so,Can anyone tells me if any recruiter or thirdparty human recources can help me on this to convince them to get into the proceedure?
Generally speaking it's next to impossible to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process. I would recommend he find other ways to increase his score - or look into the PNP immigration programs.

Canadian recruiting companies will generally only deal with individuals who can already legally work in Canada. Other third parties that promise job offers are almost always scams.

takz

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Generally speaking it's next to impossible to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process. I would recommend he find other ways to increase his score - or look into the PNP immigration programs.

Canadian recruiting companies will generally only deal with individuals who can already legally work in Canada. Other third parties that promise job offers are almost always scams.
Thank you for your reply, It's really disappointing that companies who needs experienced professionals miss the candidates because of this procedures.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your reply, It's really disappointing that companies who needs experienced professionals miss the candidates because of this procedures.
The LMIA isn't approved because those companies can find experienced professionals that are Canadian citizens or PRs. That's the whole point.

psy347

Aug 6, 2018
Hi all,

Even though your brother is working with MNCs in homeland, that experience is required to be vetted through licensing agencies in Canada by taking memberships. This is a muddy process. An option is to ask for relocation if the MNC have branches in Canada. I hear that mostly everyone has to work from point zero in Canada and build it up from there (Experience helps in this). Regarding LMIA: I hear lot of recruiting is happening from Punjab, India. Most of them are hired in hotels, lodge's, restaurants, McDonald's, Subway chains owned by Punjabi entrepreneur's. I personally know a person who is now in Canada and his roommates are from Punjab and they are working in Punjabi owned McDonald outlets through direct LMIA (without any prior Canadian experience). However, through who and how is not communicated to me so far.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
LMIA is very tough. I have sent 100s of my resume to no avail. I have pretty much given hope on this