+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting job offer from your current employer

Furrikhan

Jul 4, 2019
Hi,

I am not sure if this has been discussed already in this forum or not, but I want to know if someone is already working with an employer outside Canada in their off-shore office and their current employer also have an office in Canada?
  • Can their current employer invite them to Canada without getting into alot of legal paper work?
  • Would they need to get LIMA approval?
  • Can a simple job offer will help you gain addition points fro your EE application?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been discussed already in this forum or not, but I want to know if someone is already working with an employer outside Canada in their off-shore office and their current employer also have an office in Canada?
  • Can their current employer invite them to Canada without getting into alot of legal paper work?
  • Would they need to get LIMA approval?
  • Can a simple job offer will help you gain addition points fro your EE application?
1. No, there is going to be paper work for the work permit.
2. Unless the job is Managerial or specialized knowledge, (No LMIA needed but have to prove person is Managerial and definitely prove that their company is very specialized) an LMIA with job posted.
3. No, for points you require LMIA.