+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

getting in touch with immigration Without meeting the 730 DAYS rule PLZ ADVISE

SALAMA

Mar 18, 2015
Hello

I have entered Canada while i am not meeting the 730 rule i always read an advise to stay away from immigration until you complete the 2 years and apply for the PR renewal so my question is

if applied to social assistance they will double check my status with the immigration
DO THIS WILL IMPACT MY PR STATUS

in other words i am not applying for any thing directly from the immigration like a sponsorship so

should i apply for social assistance fIrst or wait until l i apply for renewal first???

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since an application for Social Assistance does not involve a review of the RO you should be ok but you may get hassled to provide a valid PR Card as proof of status. Check what the application forms require as proof of PR status - your COPR may suffice.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Since an application for Social Assistance does not involve a review of the RO you should be ok but you may get hassled to provide a valid PR Card as proof of status. Check what the application forms require as proof of PR status - your COPR may suffice.
I can't answer for every province, however:

Social assistance in *Quebec* will accept an expired PR card (they will point out that it's expired). HOWEVER, they may (probably will) send a request for further information/documentation of your work history/EI status/previous claims/family circumstances/finances etc.

They may also ask for a provincial healthcare card as additional ID.

The OP should look at at the requirements for his/her province.