+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting driving licence authentication letter from Kolkata/West Bengal/India

Goodwinthegr8

Star Member
Jul 10, 2016
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone who travelled from Kolkata/West Bengal in India to Canada and managed to get a letter to prove authenticity/experience of a driver. I checked here in Kolkata, but unflrunfortun they are saying they don't issue such letters.
So it will be really great if anyone could help me/suggest me something.

Moreover, I have licence which more than 10 years old, will that help in anyway, without the letter, if presented to the licencing authority in Ontario?

Reactions: drjaideep
Jan 16, 2022
Hi,

I was wondering if there is anyone who travelled from Kolkata/West Bengal in India to Canada and managed to get a letter to prove authenticity/experience of a driver. I checked here in Kolkata, but unflrunfortun they are saying they don't issue such letters.
So it will be really great if anyone could help me/suggest me something.

Moreover, I have licence which more than 10 years old, will that help in anyway, without the letter, if presented to the licencing authority in Ontario?
I got a driving license printed, stamped and signed on a piece of paper from Salt Lake, Kolkata PVD, as they have stopped giving the printed plastic card since last year. They won't issue any letter regarding authenticity. Unfortunately, Ontario Drive Test Center did not accept the license printed on paper. SO as long as you have a printed plastic card it should be fine.