28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What about here?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

It talks about lmia exemption and in 3-b-ii talks about IEC. If my year didnt count that wouls be devastating really.
That links back to the page I provided. The page above is the high level details. The link I provided is the detailed requirements that you need to meet.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What about here?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment/lmia-exempt.html

It talks about lmia exemption and in 3-b-ii talks about IEC. If my year didnt count that wouls be devastating really.
Your year counts as Canadian experience but you don’t get 50 points with a new job offer.

In your link you must meet through IEC:

You may be exempt from needing an LMIA for Express Entry if your current temporary job is LMIA-exempt, states a specific employer or employers (for skilled trade jobs, up to two employers can make a job offer)…

You are on an open work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What about here?

To be clear, you can still get points for having a year of Canadian work experience. However you cannot claim the 50 job offer points. That's where the LMIA is needed since you are on an open work permit with no employer named.

There are LMIA exempt work permits where you can claim the 50 points after working for a year for that employer in Canada. However these are closed work permits where the employer is named on the work permit. A good example of this is an ICT (intra company transfer). This is a closed work permit that is LMIA exempt where the employer has transferred the employee from their operations outside of Canada to their operations in Canada. In this example, a person can claim the 50 points for having a job offer after working for a year for that employer in Canada.

But again, in your case this unfortunately doesn't apply - specifically because you are on an open work permit with no employer named. So make sure you are answering "no" to the job offer question in your EE profile.

furrierberyls

Aug 28, 2022
To be clear, you can still get points for having a year of Canadian work experience. However you cannot claim the 50 job offer points. That's where the LMIA is needed since you are on an open work permit with no employer named.

There are LMIA exempt work permits where you can claim the 50 points after working for a year for that employer in Canada. However these are closed work permits where the employer is named on the work permit. A good example of this is an ICT (intra company transfer). This is a closed work permit that is LMIA exempt where the employer has transferred the employee from their operations outside of Canada to their operations in Canada. In this example, a person can claim the 50 points for having a job offer after working for a year for that employer in Canada.

But again, in your case this unfortunately doesn't apply - specifically because you are on an open work permit with no employer named. So make sure you are answering "no" to the job offer question in your EE profile.
Thank you, I am trying to enter now to change that.

furrierberyls

Aug 28, 2022
Im at ease knowing Im not gaining anything staying at this job. I will give my notice this evening. Thank you so much to the people that guided me. Thank you.

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Im at ease knowing Im not gaining anything staying at this job. I will give my notice this evening. Thank you so much to the people that guided me. Thank you.
Would add that you have indicated in some of your posts that your employer has at times provided you with proof that you were a supervisor while you were doing the role of a cleaner. This employer seems to be committing a lot of immigration fraud. You don’t want to be a willing participant in this fraud. You have no idea whether IRCC has already been tipped off about this employer so lying yourself puts you at risk. You have the opportunity to find other positions that would help qualify for PR. The job market is very good for those looking for a job right now so as long as you are a bit flexible you should be able to secure another skilled or semi-skilled job or job that is classified as NOC in demand. Once you have moved on you should report the employer so they will hopefully will be stopped from committing more immigration fraud and breaking labour laws and workplace health and safety acts.

furrierberyls

Aug 28, 2022
Would add that you have indicated in some of your posts that your employer has at times provided you with proof that you were a supervisor while you were doing the role of a cleaner. This employer seems to be committing a lot of immigration fraud. You don’t want to be a willing participant in this fraud. You have no idea whether IRCC has already been tipped off about this employer so lying yourself puts you at risk. You have the opportunity to find other positions that would help qualify for PR. The job market is very good for those looking for a job right now so as long as you are a bit flexible you should be able to secure another skilled or semi-skilled job or job that is classified as NOC in demand. Once you have moved on you should report the employer so they will hopefully will be stopped from committing more immigration fraud and breaking labour laws and workplace health and safety acts.
Thank you. Will do.