+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting desperate. Please guide me

furrierberyls

Aug 28, 2022
Hello,

I was granted IEC working holiday visa, and I started working at this company mid november 2021. I was told they were gonna help me with paper for residency. This job was cleaner but they supported me with letter saying I have been working as supervisor.
My time here has been a nightmare. The company doesnt pay us overtime, they keep bringing tourists to work (and give them more hours), theres been constant harassment from a boss and the owner doesnt do anything when we complain about that situation. Ive also had 2 situtions that can be considered sexual harrassment, but because I need this job in order to stay in Canada, I havent reported anything. I did my celpip and got 11 on each skill, and my WES is bachelor 3 years. I also have 3 years of professional experience that gets me points for EE. I did my profile on November 26th and I had 491 points (I am 34 years old), the exact cut that was the previous draw, but as we know, they havent issue invitations (and Im pretty sure when they start again it will take me a while to be invited as the scores will be higher the first rounds).

Im honestly desperate. I cry every day. I dont wanna be here and Ive even thought about going back home (Europe) as I dont feel comfortable here. But it isnt fair that I cannot continue my process because of these horrible people! I know there is pnp alternaTive, but the non express entry way takes 22 months and there is no way I can stay that long in this shit hole, and Alberta pnp express entry hasnt issue any invitations in more than 6 months!!! I waited for motion 44 and nothing happened. Its honestly heartbreaking.

id like to ask for some guidance. Is there any other process I can follow and leave this employer? Can I move to anotherprovince and the year I wasted here would count? I have work permit until nov 2024, but Im grieving that another way would be starting again, as I have wasted a full year here. It isnt fair. I thought I could apply to EE or that motion 44 would be available for us already.
Thank you, sorry for ranting.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I was granted IEC working holiday visa, and I started working at this company mid november 2021. I was told they were gonna help me with paper for residency. This job was cleaner but they supported me with letter saying I have been working as supervisor.
My time here has been a nightmare. The company doesnt pay us overtime, they keep bringing tourists to work (and give them more hours), theres been constant harassment from a boss and the owner doesnt do anything when we complain about that situation. Ive also had 2 situtions that can be considered sexual harrassment, but because I need this job in order to stay in Canada, I havent reported anything. I did my celpip and got 11 on each skill, and my WES is bachelor 3 years. I also have 3 years of professional experience that gets me points for EE. I did my profile on November 26th and I had 491 points (I am 34 years old), the exact cut that was the previous draw, but as we know, they havent issue invitations (and Im pretty sure when they start again it will take me a while to be invited as the scores will be higher the first rounds).

Im honestly desperate. I cry every day. I dont wanna be here and Ive even thought about going back home (Europe) as I dont feel comfortable here. But it isnt fair that I cannot continue my process because of these horrible people! I know there is pnp alternaTive, but the non express entry way takes 22 months and there is no way I can stay that long in this shit hole, and Alberta pnp express entry hasnt issue any invitations in more than 6 months!!! I waited for motion 44 and nothing happened. Its honestly heartbreaking.

id like to ask for some guidance. Is there any other process I can follow and leave this employer? Can I move to anotherprovince and the year I wasted here would count? I have work permit until nov 2024, but Im grieving that another way would be starting again, as I have wasted a full year here. It isnt fair. I thought I could apply to EE or that motion 44 would be available for us already.
Thank you, sorry for ranting.
If you hold a WHV until Nov 2024, you can switch employers and provinces extremely easily. Generally speaking any previous work experience still counts even if you switch roles, however this would also be partially determined by the program you apply under.

Hopefully you are in fact working in a supervisor role. If you are actually working in a cleaner role and are being paid a cleaner salary (vs. supervisor), this could create complications in applying for PR.

Going back to my first statement, assuming you still hold a WHV, switching employers seems like a no-brainer. Get out of a bad situation. You still have more than a year before your work permit expires.

furrierberyls

Aug 28, 2022
If you hold a WHV until Nov 2024, you can switch employers and provinces extremely easily. Generally speaking any previous work experience still counts even if you switch roles, however this would also be partially determined by the program you apply under.

Hopefully you are in fact working in a supervisor role. If you are actually working in a cleaner role and are being paid a cleaner salary (vs. supervisor), this could create complications in applying for PR.

Going back to my first statement, assuming you still hold a WHV, switching employers seems like a no-brainer. Get out of a bad situation. You still have more than a year before your work permit expires.
thank you.
i have been working with a supervisor rate but honestly Ive been doing supervisor duties as the staff here speaks no english so Im the one solving their issues. The supervisor we have speaks no spanish and he hides all.
My question is, where can I go that has a faster pathway for me to get pr?
Sorry if I sound entitled, its just that I dont wanna be here any longer and Im scared of finding another shitty boss

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no fast way to PR. What is your CRS score? Will your employment letter state your responsibilities for a skilled job, and then you have the T4/pay slips to prove you are in a supervisory role.

You are on a working holiday visa so can leave and get another job at anytime.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you.
i have been working with a supervisor rate but honestly Ive been doing supervisor duties as the staff here speaks no english so Im the one solving their issues. The supervisor we have speaks no spanish and he hides all.
My question is, where can I go that has a faster pathway for me to get pr?
Sorry if I sound entitled, its just that I dont wanna be here any longer and Im scared of finding another shitty boss
I'm not sure anyone can really answer that question. It depends on where you can get a job and what kind of job. In many cases, the PNP programs also require you to have your employer's support in applying for PR (i.e. fill out employer forms, etc.). So it also depends on the employer and not all employers are willing to suppor these processes. You could look into Manitoba or Saskatchewan. The Maritime provinces may also be an option. But again, really hard to recommend a path.

Do you have any job offers at this time? Aim for a skilled job to give yourself the best chance at PR.

You may be best off hiring an immigration lawyer to help you if you're looking for that level of advice.

Good luck.

Reactions: furrierberyls

furrierberyls

Aug 28, 2022
There is no fast way to PR. What is your CRS score? Will your employment letter state your responsibilities for a skilled job, and then you have the T4/pay slips to prove you are in a supervisory role.

You are on a working holiday visa so can leave and get another job at anytime.
Thanks for your answer!
My current score is 491. I know I can move easily, but Im scared ill go somewhere I cannot apply to pr, and my time runs up. I have the supervisor letter from my company, and the wages follow the supervisor salary.

furrierberyls

Aug 28, 2022
I'm not sure anyone can really answer that question. It depends on where you can get a job and what kind of job. In many cases, the PNP programs also require you to have your employer's support in applying for PR (i.e. fill out employer forms, etc.). So it also depends on the employer and not all employers are willing to suppor these processes. You could look into Manitoba or Saskatchewan. The Maritime provinces may also be an option. But again, really hard to recommend a path.

Do you have any job offers at this time? Aim for a skilled job to give yourself the best chance at PR.

You may be best off hiring an immigration lawyer to help you if you're looking for that level of advice.

Good luck.
Thank you for answering me.
i do not have other job offer, as I just came up with the idea of leavingAB as Im not doing well mentally.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your answer!
My current score is 491. I know I can move easily, but Im scared ill go somewhere I cannot apply to pr, and my time runs up. I have the supervisor letter from my company, and the wages follow the supervisor salary.
If your EE score is 491 then you should get an ITA soon. Leave your job if you have your employment letter.

furrierberyls

Aug 28, 2022
You don’t get 50 points unless you have a LMIA from your employer. You are on an open work permit so your score is 442 even if you stay or leave.
Is there any where I can read about that?

i am lmia exempt, as I have IEC work permit.
it doesnt count for points?

thank you in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there any where I can read about that?

i am lmia exempt, as I have IEC work permit.
it doesnt count for points?

thank you in advance
It's an open work permit with no employer named, so you will only qualify for the 50 job offer points if your employer obtains an approved LMIA. Otherwise you cannot claim the job offer points.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.