+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting copies signed by a notary / commissioner of oath?!

Aislingh250

Oct 9, 2013
Hey,

I was just wondering if i needed to have the copies of my passport pages notarized at all? Or anything else notarized, except the one form Statutory Declaration of Common law Union.

THanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey yourself, ;D

Are you applying for PR under a spouse or common-law sponsor Inland (within Canada)?

If so, the document checklist indicates that you need a photocopy of your passport pages (that pertain to your application) and they do NOT need to be certified.

The Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union is only required if you have a co-signer. However, some have included it anyway in the hopes that it adds credence to their application. I have no idea if it matters at all to the VO reviewing your file.

I believe the only thing that should be notarized are at least two letters (testimonials) from friends or family, regarding the validity of your relationship. Hopefully, a more senior member here will confirm this for you.

Good luck!

Aislingh250

Oct 9, 2013
Yeah I misread the form, didn't realize it didn't apply to my app but I already had it signed so will send it off anyway!!
Im applying outland, being sponsored by my common-law partner. Hopefully the same applies as i have had a couple letters notarized too and that'd mean my app's ready to go!!

THanks for your help! : )

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My pleasure!

I'm applying Inland so I can't speak to the document checklist that you have, so give it another look.

Oh...make sure you have the latest forms, since CIC seems to update them without telling anyone here! LOL!