+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting another course after diploma in other field

yuvi1029

Jun 15, 2021
Hi!
My study permit is till May 2023. Course is Computer Programming which will be completed by this September.
I want to join flying school to become pilot. Can I join flying school DLI approved after this course or will I have to wait till PR?
Another question is since I will complete diploma first will I be getting points for that in PR?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi!
My study permit is till May 2023. Course is Computer Programming which will be completed by this September.
I want to join flying school to become pilot. Can I join flying school DLI approved after this course or will I have to wait till PR?
Another question is since I will complete diploma first will I be getting points for that in PR?
You can start your new course whenever you wish, it's got nothing to do with PR. To your second question, which PR stream are you planning to apply under? You do know that you need to acquire a 12 months of work experience post graduation in order to qualify for CEC application, right?

yuvi1029

Jun 15, 2021
Yeah CEC application
After this diploma, then flying training and then 1 year experience and then file.
I have done high school from India only so for diploma alone it would be 90 points. But after doing flying training will I be getting more points?

I am confused because after doing high school and then diploma, many students move to other provinces for PR as points required is higher in Ontario.