26-10-2016
Med's Done....
08-11-2016
Passport Req..
18-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2017
Hi,

How can we get an Indian Police Clearance Certificate while on a visit to the US?

I need this for my mother, who is not staying there for more than six months but has just arrived; for her to return early is going to be expensive, both financially and personally.

When I checked the CGI website, I figured she has to fill some forms and show-up with some documentation like her ID, legal status proof, etc. As she's in the US on a visit, she doesn't have a US ID or utility bill. She has a valid visa and is a senior citizen, with a valid Indian ID. How would the ID work in this case?

Any advise or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks.

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Hi,

How can we get an Indian Police Clearance Certificate while on a visit to the US?

I need this for my mother, who is not staying there for more than six months but has just arrived; for her to return early is going to be expensive, both financially and personally.

When I checked the CGI website, I figured she has to fill some forms and show-up with some documentation like her ID, legal status proof, etc. As she's in the US on a visit, she doesn't have a US ID or utility bill. She has a valid visa and is a senior citizen, with a valid Indian ID. How would the ID work in this case?

Any advise or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Best would be to send an email to applicable consulate on this tricky situation, they should be able to guide you further,.