+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting an Indian PCC through BLS

Jun 1, 2020
Hello,

I just received email that they sent my application for police verification in India at my home city police department. What does that mean? Anybody know about that? Please help. How am i suppose to go in India right now?
how long it took for your application to get updated on BLS website, mine is almost 15 days and still no update

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
I just received one email from them i.e. passport received.
After status changed to "Processing at Consulate General" it took ~ 7 days.
Actually I stopped checking status after it changed to "Processing at Consulate General". I assumed it will take more than a week or so, but PCC arrived in mail in less than 7 days.

Good luck!
@virtwo Was fresh police verification in India happened for you? I heard if your passport is issued at embassy with foreign address , they are not doing fresh police verification. Can you please share your timelines, as it would help to us? Thanks in advance.

agent_47

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Updating my status

20 May - Purolator pickup
21 May - Reached BLS (as per Purolator tracking page)
22 May - BLS aknowledgement email
28 May - BLS to Consulate (as per BLS tracking page)
01 June - Reached Consulate (as per BLS tracking page)
01 June - Police verification initiated (email received from passport admin)
05 June - I gave my brother's number in my application. He got a call from Local police station to visit with all the supporting documents along with a neighbour. He submitted my aadhar copy, his aadhar copy, neighbour's aadhar copy, my passport copy, my passport size photo, my Canada address proof copy. The person in-charge said they will send the verification update to the Police Bhavan office of the city and they will upload it in the system which can be accessed by the Consulate. When asked about the timeline, the person in-charge said he will do his part by sending the verification complete but not sure on how much time it will take to get uploaded in the system or accessed by the respective Consulate.

BLS tracking page shows processing at Consulate General

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Updating my status

20 May - Purolator pickup
21 May - Reached BLS (as per Purolator tracking page)
22 May - BLS aknowledgement email
28 May - BLS to Consulate (as per BLS tracking page)
01 June - Reached Consulate (as per BLS tracking page)
01 June - Police verification initiated (email received from passport admin)
05 June - I gave my brother's number in my application. He got a call from Local police station to visit with all the supporting documents along with a neighbour. He submitted my aadhar copy, his aadhar copy, neighbour's aadhar copy, my passport copy, my passport size photo, my Canada address proof copy. The person in-charge said they will send the verification update to the Police Bhavan office of the city and they will upload it in the system which can be accessed by the Consulate. When asked about the timeline, the person in-charge said he will do his part by sending the verification complete but not sure on how much time it will take to get uploaded in the system or accessed by the respective Consulate.

BLS tracking page shows processing at Consulate General
Thanks for sharing info. Can you please share your pcc jurisdiction as well as details- passport issue date, city name in your address

Reactions: ##Santy##

venuelecs

Dec 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

What reason did you select for PCC ...I have selected " Residence Permit" , and today I got a mail from BLS Services that I need to reapply the online application with the option "Immigration Purposed Other than Citizenship"

Any comments?
I am currently working in Canada.

My wife has also applied in India, with the option "Residence permit".so will this be a problem?

virtwo

May 18, 2020
@virtwo Was fresh police verification in India happened for you? I heard if your passport is issued at embassy with foreign address , they are not doing fresh police verification. Can you please share your timelines, as it would help to us? Thanks in advance.
No, I don't think it was sent to India, in my case.
My passport was renewed/issued in US.

Here's the timeline:

- Application Dropped at Purolator office: 5/19 (+0 day)
- Application reached BLS: 5/20 (+1 days)
- BLS notification about application received: 5/22 (+3 days)
- Status changed to processing at consulate: 5/23 (+4)
- Dispatched back: 5/25 (+6)
- Received: 5/29 (+10)

So overall, door to door it took ~ 10 days including weekends.

I sent separate application for wife and myself. Both followed same timeline.

Looking at the posts here, I think we got lucky.

Last edited:

ychalodiya

Oct 27, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello Everyone,

Did anyone get PCC through BLS during covid situation?
I did apply for PCC, its been 3 weeks now, I can see the status as "In transit from BLS to consulate". I am not sure how much time it will take. so if anyone got PCC here please update the timelines?

I would be really greatful.

Regards
Mayur
I don't know where to check the status of my PCC application. Can you please share the link.

ychalodiya

Oct 27, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php

Use "Passport Application" as the application type.
When selecting DOB you have to click right in the center of the square box to get date picker. It appears as a white square in my browser.
I tried that link and it says "No Records Found." I sent my application to BLS via Purolator on 29th May 2020 and when I check my application status at the Purolator site. It says that it was delivered at BLS center on 1st June 2020.

I also tried reaching out to them as they have shrunk the call window from 3 pm to 5 pm only. Do you guys have any similar situations? or What do you suggest me to do?

venuelecs

Dec 14, 2017
I tried that link and it says "No Records Found." I sent my application to BLS via Purolator on 29th May 2020 and when I check my application status at the Purolator site. It says that it was delivered at BLS center on 1st June 2020.

I also tried reaching out to them as they have shrunk the call window from 3 pm to 5 pm only. Do you guys have any similar situations? or What do you suggest me to do?
Hi ,

I am in a similar position, my application has reached BLS on june 9th , but one thing which worries me is...

Is it mandatory to download the label from BLS website?I have directly walked in to a Purolator location without label and couriered it with all the documents and money order for 74.40$

Now , I got a mail , saying that I need to send another application, with reason as "Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship".

I don't know, what's going on.

Please advise.

VenuGopal.T

virtwo

May 18, 2020
Hi ,

I am in a similar position, my application has reached BLS on june 9th , but one thing which worries me is...

Is it mandatory to download the label from BLS website?I have directly walked in to a Purolator location without label and couriered it with all the documents and money order for 74.40$

Now , I got a mail , saying that I need to send another application, with reason as "Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship".

I don't know, what's going on.

Please advise.

VenuGopal.T
Sorry don't have answer on tracking. Someone did tell me that if you don't get label from BLS then system has longer delay in showing the status. Something to do with passport and courier getting automatically associated when you use BLS for label. Your best bet is to call and mail BLS.

What reason did you select while applying? I had used "Immigration purposes other than citizenship" and it worked. Have read online that it works fine with reason "Permanent Residence" as well.

Said that since you got the mail, it means your application is getting processed and is probably at BLS. You can try sending them updated application with email as reference. Include details about previous courier as well.

I can understand the frustration. It will all work out at the end. Be persistent in contacting BLS. Call, mail and send the application as well

Good luck!

venuelecs

Dec 14, 2017
Sorry don't have answer on tracking. Someone did tell me that if you don't get label from BLS then system has longer delay in showing the status. Something to do with passport and courier getting automatically associated when you use BLS for label. Your best bet is to call and mail BLS.

What reason did you select while applying? I had used "Immigration purposes other than citizenship" and it worked. Have read online that it works fine with reason "Permanent Residence" as well.

Said that since you got the mail, it means your application is getting processed and is probably at BLS. You can try sending them updated application with email as reference. Include details about previous courier as well.

I can understand the frustration. It will all work out at the end. Be persistent in contacting BLS. Call, mail and send the application as well

Good luck!
Hi,

Thank You for the reply. I have selected the option as "Residence Permit" and apparantly its not valid.

I am arranging for a courier again, this time, I will download a label. Hoping for the best.

Thanks.