+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting an Indian PCC through BLS

mayurr98

May 4, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Did anyone get PCC through BLS during covid situation?
I did apply for PCC, its been 3 weeks now, I can see the status as "In transit from BLS to consulate". I am not sure how much time it will take. so if anyone got PCC here please update the timelines?

I would be really greatful.

Regards
Mayur

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Did anyone get PCC through BLS during covid situation?
I did apply for PCC, its been 3 weeks now, I can see the status as "In transit from BLS to consulate". I am not sure how much time it will take. so if anyone got PCC here please update the timelines?

I would be really greatful.

Regards
Mayur
This is really horrible. Looks like BLS is sitting on applications for 3 weeks before they sends to consulate. Really do not understand what they are doing. My application delivered on May 20. No updates till today.

agent_47

Star Member
May 18, 2019
They told me the same thing. So I got it done from Money Mart. They don't write anything so you can write with a fine pen in small handwriting.

FWIW I received PCC day before yesterday. Took ~ 2 weeks end to end.
I also applied through BLS at Surrey BC in the same week as yours. My application just got changed to Processing at Consulate General on the BLS tracking page.
Did you receive any email from passportindia separately about initiation of police verification?
How many days it took for you to get the PCC after the status - Processing at Consulate General?

Thanks in advance!

virtwo

May 18, 2020
I also applied through BLS at Surrey BC in the same week as yours. My application just got changed to Processing at Consulate General on the BLS tracking page.
Did you receive any email from passportindia separately about initiation of police verification?
How many days it took for you to get the PCC after the status - Processing at Consulate General?

Thanks in advance!
I just received one email from them i.e. passport received.
After status changed to "Processing at Consulate General" it took ~ 7 days.
Actually I stopped checking status after it changed to "Processing at Consulate General". I assumed it will take more than a week or so, but PCC arrived in mail in less than 7 days.

Good luck!

noeldhiraj

Jan 18, 2016
You have to pay $44.4 / person.
If you pre-pay for dropff/return ($35 in province) then you don't have to include any other draft.

As of yesterday, my application status says "Processing at Consulate". I guess they (Vacouver) will take another 2 weeks before it's all done.
$44.4 per person makes sense.

Will I have to pre-pay "per person" for courier as well or can I send both - me and my wife's application in the same courier?

virtwo

May 18, 2020
$44.4 per person makes sense.

Will I have to pre-pay "per person" for courier as well or can I send both - me and my wife's application in the same courier?

Online, I have read it both ways. Some people use single courier for both spouse and self and others use two separate couriers.

Personally, I sent two separate couriers. It's only $35 additional, so did not want to take any unnecessary risk. I received PCC for both me and wife on same day.

Jun 1, 2020
hello everyone, i applied for my PCC through BLS, i sent money draft from my bank and all the copies of relevant documents. i used Purolator (not through their website) but it was nearby my house, as per them it was already delivered at BLS center but i cannot check my application online, its showing no records found and they are not answering any calls or emails. is anyone got their PCC, its kind of frustrating now.

Jun 1, 2020
Yes. I went to their location and they told me that i was not supposed to send my originals as they have given the relaxation due to covid19. So there is no need to send originals.
what they said to you when you went there physically. did they provided any information regarding your PCC update, mine is same case its been more than 15 days since i sent my documents but still its showing no records.

Krunal0329

May 20, 2020
Hello all,

Please help me to understand this procedure. Some one please post the list of all required documents for PCC. How to apply now and how much amount in money order is required. Help would be much appreciated....

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hi
I used BLS postal application and send the application at Brampton location. The purolator says it is delivered but the tracking option on bls website says there is *no records*. Its more than 10 days now. I sent my original passport and permit along with the application and now I have medical exam i would need the originals. Pls suggest what to do. Thanks
Hi Abhi, Did you receive yours? Actually i have sent my documents since May 27, even i did not receive any update from BLS. It would be helpful if you answer this. Thanks

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
hello everyone, i applied for my PCC through BLS, i sent money draft from my bank and all the copies of relevant documents. i used Purolator (not through their website) but it was nearby my house, as per them it was already delivered at BLS center but i cannot check my application online, its showing no records found and they are not answering any calls or emails. is anyone got their PCC, its kind of frustrating now.
Hi Amar, Sorry to hear that. Even i am in same situation. Unsure what should i do next. Let me know if you receive any update please. Thanks.

srin881

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I have a question.I came to Canada on July,2019 and had done my PCC on 14th August,2019(thought of getting it done beforehand).My application submission deadline is in the 1st week of July.Will my existing PCC work?I have not gone back to India since then.I came accross this in the cic website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html .
It says
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Can anybody help me out in this?

parthCA

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hello,

I just received email that they sent my application for police verification in India at my home city police department. What does that mean? Anybody know about that? Please help. How am i suppose to go in India right now?

calvin07

May 22, 2020
I have a question.I came to Canada on July,2019 and had done my PCC on 14th August,2019(thought of getting it done beforehand).My application submission deadline is in the 1st week of July.Will my existing PCC work?I have not gone back to India since then.I came accross this in the cic website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html .
It says
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Can anybody help me out in this?
yea it will work