+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a visit visa on a soon to expire study permit.

Sheikh Abdullah

Sep 30, 2018
Hello,

So I am currently a student in Canada in the process of changing DLIs. My current study permit is expiring at the end of September but I will be able to get a new letter of admission from another institute before then to apply for an extension.

The issue I am having is that I was planning to leave the country till August and live in the UK for a bit before coming back to start University in August. I only recently found out that if you want to re-enter Canada you need a visit visa as an international student and can not use your study permit to do so.

Furthermore, if you want to get your study permit extended, you can only apply for a visit visa after your permit gets extended.

My question is, can I apply for a visit visa on the basis of my current valid study permit that is expiring at the end of September? I was going to do so from the UK as the waiting times over there are considerably less in comparison to Canada. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Thoureprot

Oct 6, 2022
Please share your experience. All these procedures with visas and permits are quite complicated, and I want to calculate all the risks. Because every time I read what and how I need to do, new difficulties appear. And I need to figure out how to fix all of this.

Oct 7, 2022
Please share your experience. All these procedures with visas and permits are quite complicated, and I want to calculate all the risks. Because every time I read what and how I need to do, new difficulties appear. And I need to figure out how to fix all of this.
It's better to hire professionals. I know that there are such agencies that provide services for getting visas, study permits, and so on.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is your actual question about permits?