Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 24th 2011
Ok so I'm curious about some information on getting a US visa for my husband so we can go visit my American relatives. We arrived in Canada from Jamaica in January...migraited together although I am already a Canadian citizen as well. I'm finding conflicting information online...some say you apply for a ten year multiple entry visa, others say you have to apply every time. I'm curious has anyone else applied? What is the best way to ensure getting one as far as things to send in with the visa or to be prepared with at the interview...and how does one go about applying..and how long does it take as we are planning to use it around June 5th which is not that far away! Also we my brother is getting married in August in the US so we need it for then to. So can we apply for two at once or how does this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
SQ

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You apply, they decide on the validity length they will give you (unlike Canada where you apply for single entry, multiple entry).

Make sure you enclose adequate proof of his ties to Canada, they tend to refuse newly-arrived Canadian PRs with few ties to Canada for the same reason they reject these persons if they apply from their home countries: they don't believe they will return, but are rather using Canada as a jumping off point to get into the US.

You apply online, you must first book an appointment at the nearest consulate, and then complete a rather lengthy questionnaire (also online) on your travel history and background. The good news is you can save and return to it later on if need be. See here:
http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/visas.html?gclid=CKLT0OXFiLACFQiynQodfRGiMA