+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a refund of the fee I paid for application at a visa office overseas

futurecanuck

Oct 3, 2010
I applied at the Caracas visa office (Venezuela, South America) back in 2007 under the Skilled Worker class when I was working in that country, but eventually I withdrew my application because I obtained my permanent resident status through the Canadian Experience class. So I requested the Caracas visa office a refund (I paid CA$ 550), but they have told me to go to Caracas in person and cashed the money in their local currency (bolivares) because they have foreign currency exchange control since 2004. I think it is not fair that I paid in CA$ and they want to refund me in Venezuelan bolivars, which are totally devaluated. But the worse is that I no longer live in Venezuela, nor I have relatives over there 'cause I just applied at that office because I was working there as an expat at the time when I got a job offer from a Canadian company. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Is there a way to get the refund in Canada?

SEVEN07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Caracas
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas-Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2011
AOR Received.
NOV 2011
File Transfer...
JAN 2012
Med's Done....
JUL 2011-JUL 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DEC 2012
Hi I think You can make a document with a lawyer which you authorize to your relative to go to Embassy and getting the money back. Yes the money will be in bolivares so bad...but its better than nothing..
Good luck