+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a Police Certificate - Brazil

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi there! Do we need to submit a copy our Brazilian ID? I am Bolivian and I do have my CPF and RNE (RG from Brazilians) but under observações in the certificate it says the certificate is only valid with ID. So I am wondering if I need to provide copy and translations. (Both my id card and driver's license are experied) so I'm worried now! Although CIC says that if you are foreigner with and ID number you can apply on line!
Hi,

please check this link on the CIC website, it has all the information on how to get a Brazilian Police certificate if you are a citizen or if you are not.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/brazil.asp

It states exactly what you said, you can get it online if you have the CPF. The certificate must be valid only with an ID because you need to show proof of identity for any document I suppose. Probably your passport is enough. however, I'm not sure if you need to provide Brazilian RNE or CPF. It never hurts to provide additional documents, if you feel more comfortable doing so. There must be other threads in the forum mentioning this. Best of luck to you!

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
Hi All
I also need to provide police certificate for Brazil . I am an Indian citizen and stayed there for a period of 9 months in 2012-2013
I can generate the certificate from the link shared above by specifying my CPF number or my passport

I can also generate the same for my wife as well by specifying her passport number.

Is this link valid ? Will the CIC accept the letter generated by this website ?
Hello Rohit,

Were you able to use the online version (Plus a translated version) for your application. I am almost in the same situation. The only problem is the way the passport number is entered onto the system. we have to break up the passport number in two parts and then enter it on the system. Atleast thats what I am doing. Also, one more thing, the CPF i received from Brazil was already a photocopied version. They never gave the original one so I will just use that. Thats why just want to know what happened to your case?

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
I am from Brazil and have applied with the Federal Police website certificate (and translation) and everything was ok. I am outside Brazil and no needed any seal. I already got the PR.
Hi,

Did you also get the certificate from the justice and the states that you lived, or only the one from federal police?

Did you upload your CPF to IRCC or only the certificate and its translation?

Thanks

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi,

Did you also get the certificate from the justice and the states that you lived, or only the one from federal police?

Did you upload your CPF to IRCC or only the certificate and its translation?

Thanks
Hi, only the police certificate from the Federal Police website. The online version. I didn't upload any of my ID documents from Brazil, only passport. Just the police certificate and the translation. Hope this helps

Reactions: fv-br

Harshitagupta

Jun 20, 2017
Hi,
I have one more question. I had my old passport when i was in brazil in 2013 .My old passport expired in 2015 and i got a new one.
While applying for PCC , i guess i need to apply with my old passport number as that was my Passport when i was in Brazil.
Is it right ?
Hi, did you get the PCC on your old passport or new.. I am in the same situation now.. Could you please tell me what you did ?

MAnkit

Dec 13, 2018
Hi, did you get the PCC on your old passport or new.. I am in the same situation now.. Could you please tell me what you did ?
Hello Harshita ,
Would request you to kindly share your learnings in this regards (in case you have made any progress after this post)
it would be very helpful. I do have my CPF and RNE available.

1. Have you applied with online document received from Brazilian website ?
2. Where did you get this translated from certified translator in India ?

Thanks in advance ,
AM

Last edited:

Harshitagupta

Jun 20, 2017
Hello Harshita ,
Would request you to kindly share your learnings in this regards (in case you have made any progress after this post)
it would be very helpful. I do have my CPF and RNE available.

1. Have you applied with online document received from Brazilian website ?
2. Where did you get this translated from certified translator in India ?

Thanks in advance ,
AM
Hi Ankit,

1. Yes I applied with the online doc from the Brazilian website, link can be found on cic website where pcc procedure for Brazil is mentioned
2. Used Modlingua services, they were quick and professional

Current status: got my PR and I m in canada