+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a Police Certificate - Brazil

mpitillo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Hey all,

I will need to provide my Police Certificates from Brazil, to be able to apply for EE.
From CIC's website it says that all I need is the "Certidão de Antecedentes Criminais issued by the Brazilian Federal Police".

I was wondering if by getting and providing the online version of the document would be enough, or do I need to go to Brasil to get the originals? On the Brazilian Federal Police website it says that you can get this document generated online for you, in real time. But I'm not sure if this is accepted by CIC? And I would imagine that I will need to translate it as well, right?

Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot!

Dodozin

May 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can get it online:

servicos.dpf .gov.br/sinic-certidao/ emitirCertidao.jsp
(remove spaces, newbie can't post links)

Protip: If you get an error, try leaving passport number and series blank

mpitillo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Dodozin said:
You can get it online:

servicos.dpf .gov.br/sinic-certidao/ emitirCertidao.jsp
(remove spaces, newbie can't post links)

Protip: If you get an error, try leaving passport number and series blank
Yes, I found the link to get it online. Thanks!
I think my main question is IF CIC really accept just the online version of it, or if it needs to be an "original" copy with the police's stamp or something like that?
I know that a couple of years ago this was a requirement. They wouldn't accept just the online version of it. So I am unsure right now.

Thanks!

Dodozin

May 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ah, not sure about that... I'll apply just with the online version

Rohit Gokale

May 12, 2017
Hi All
I also need to provide police certificate for Brazil . I am an Indian citizen and stayed there for a period of 9 months in 2012-2013
I can generate the certificate from the link shared above by specifying my CPF number or my passport

I can also generate the same for my wife as well by specifying her passport number.

Is this link valid ? Will the CIC accept the letter generated by this website ?

kpangalopes

Star Member
Mar 5, 2016
Hi all,

If you are not in Brazil, the Nada Consta needs to be approved by the Consulate of Brasil. You have to request a seal from the Embassy(C$ 7.50), before showing this document to a translator, otherwise this document has no validity.

Rohit Gokale

May 12, 2017
Hello
Thanks for your answer. I live in USA and did contact the Brazil Consulate in Chicago for the same . They mentioned that they dont provide this service. Is there any other way ?

mrampini

May 28, 2017
Hi all,

If you are not in Brazil, the Nada Consta needs to be approved by the Consulate of Brasil. You have to request a seal from the Embassy(C$ 7.50), before showing this document to a translator, otherwise this document has no validity.
Hi Kpangalopes, i just got the certificate from the website and i did not found any mention to this Consulate approval at CIC website. Where did you get this from? Thank you

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
I am from Brazil and have applied with the Federal Police website certificate (and translation) and everything was ok. I am outside Brazil and no needed any seal. I already got the PR.

Reactions: tusa47 and arthurbr

Rohit Gokale

May 12, 2017
Hi,
I have one more question. I had my old passport when i was in brazil in 2013 .My old passport expired in 2015 and i got a new one.
While applying for PCC , i guess i need to apply with my old passport number as that was my Passport when i was in Brazil.
Is it right ?

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi guys, My husband and I are outside of Brazil and I'm uploading the online version (and certified translation) of our police certificate (certidao de antecedentes criminais) from the Federal Police website. That is more than enough right? I didn't see any other requirement at the CIC website so I should not worry about that. Please advise!

mpitillo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Hi guys, My husband and I are outside of Brazil and I'm uploading the online version (and certified translation) of our police certificate (certidao de antecedentes criminais) from the Federal Police website. That is more than enough right? I didn't see any other requirement at the CIC website so I should not worry about that. Please advise!
I have the same question. Would the online version (with no extra seal or stamp) be enough, as long as we have a certified translation with it? Or do I need someone else to approve the certificate first?

Finally, where did you guys get a certified translation from? Is there a list of people authorized to do that?

Thanks!

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
I have the same question. Would the online version (with no extra seal or stamp) be enough, as long as we have a certified translation with it? Or do I need someone else to approve the certificate first?

Finally, where did you guys get a certified translation from? Is there a list of people authorized to do that?

Thanks!
Hey, I just saw this information on the help button for the police certificate placeholder when you are submitting the documents.

"Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies, unauthorized copies, or visibly altered police certificates are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete."

Meaning, we have to provide just the scanned copy of the original. No certified true copies. The online version from Policia Federal is not in color, it is black and white, but I think it is okay since this is how the document was issued. Just make sure the Police Certificate is in accordance with CICs requirements for your home country and the others you have stayed for over 6 months.

Regarding the translation it has to be "traducao juramentada" from an official translator in Brazil or if you are in another country just look for the certified translator list. I did it here in Canada (portuguese to english) in a company called Portuguese Language Services in BC. Highly recommend it.

sandraruizza

Sep 1, 2017
Hey, I just saw this information on the help button for the police certificate placeholder when you are submitting the documents.

"Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies, unauthorized copies, or visibly altered police certificates are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete."

Meaning, we have to provide just the scanned copy of the original. No certified true copies. The online version from Policia Federal is not in color, it is black and white, but I think it is okay since this is how the document was issued. Just make sure the Police Certificate is in accordance with CICs requirements for your home country and the others you have stayed for over 6 months.

Regarding the translation it has to be "traducao juramentada" from an official translator in Brazil or if you are in another country just look for the certified translator list. I did it here in Canada (portuguese to english) in a company called Portuguese Language Services in BC. Highly recommend it.
Hi there! Do we need to submit a copy our Brazilian ID? I am Bolivian and I do have my CPF and RNE (RG from Brazilians) but under observações in the certificate it says the certificate is only valid with ID. So I am wondering if I need to provide copy and translations. (Both my id card and driver's license are experied) so I'm worried now! Although CIC says that if you are foreigner with and ID number you can apply on line!

Reactions: gmichelli

sandraruizza

Sep 1, 2017
Hi All
I also need to provide police certificate for Brazil . I am an Indian citizen and stayed there for a period of 9 months in 2012-2013
I can generate the certificate from the link shared above by specifying my CPF number or my passport

I can also generate the same for my wife as well by specifying her passport number.

Is this link valid ? Will the CIC accept the letter generated by this website ?
Hi! What happened with your PCC in the end? I'm also a foreigner with CPF. Can you share your experience pls. Was the online certificate from Brazil approved?