+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a job while on Tourist Visa

mfo222

Jun 28, 2019
Hi there, I have done my IELTS, have 7 years of experience in the Human Resource line and another 7 years in the Service industry . Am a born Singaporean . I am 43 this year and dont have a degree,my highest education is a certification. Am planning to take TEFL soon .

I am keen to move to Canada but am not sure where to start from. I have gone through the Embassy website but I get more confused .i have tried Express Entry but I dont qualify.I do have a relative in Ontario,and she told me to come over with a Tourist visa and try finding a job there . Someone else told me that there are ample jobs in Brampton, and I can easily convert a tourist visa to Work permit by exiting to US .

Please advise if 2 week is enough for me to be in Ontario .
Thanks

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hi there, I have done my IELTS, have 7 years of experience in the Human Resource line and another 7 years in the Service industry . Am a born Singaporean . I am 43 this year and dont have a degree,my highest education is a certification. Am planning to take TEFL soon .

I am keen to move to Canada but am not sure where to start from. I have gone through the Embassy website but I get more confused .i have tried Express Entry but I dont qualify.I do have a relative in Ontario,and she told me to come over with a Tourist visa and try finding a job there . Someone else told me that there are ample jobs in Brampton, and I can easily convert a tourist visa to Work permit by exiting to US .

Thanks
No it is NOT easy to convert a tourist visa to a work permit. Your relative obviously does not know what they are talking about OR they are proposing you work illegally.

mfo222

Jun 28, 2019
No it is NOT easy to convert a tourist visa to a work permit. Your relative obviously does not know what they are talking about OR they are proposing you work illegally.

Thank you for the reply and well noted on that. Can you assist or have some idea on how i can get a job there .

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Thank you for the reply and well noted on that. Can you assist or have some idea on how i can get a job there .
You need to do more research. If express entry is not for you then provincial nomination and student permit pathways are next.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thanks
It is next to impossible to convert a tourist visa to a work permit. Many agencies will say this is easy - however these are scams.

You should assume it won't be possible to secure a job in Canada while here on a TRV. In order to qualify for a work permit, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. This is a 4-6 month process with no guarantee of approval. The vast majority of employers are not willing to go through the process. It certainly won't be in any way feasible to find a job and get an approved LMIA in two weeks.

If your relative can really find you a job in Ontario and with an employer who is willing and able to obtain an approved LMIA, let them do this for you first - then apply for a work permit from oustide of Canada. Don't waste money coming to Canada - the chances of success are unfortunately extremely low.