+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a job offer as Executive Chef

Sahar123

Aug 22, 2019
My question is if I receive a job offer from Edmonton in Alberta as Executive Chef, I can apply for a visa to Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, when I live here now but I don't have Job here and bank statement account.

Appreciate your quick answer please.

Sahar123

Aug 22, 2019
Hi,

My question is if a Syrian person get a visa to CANADA, he can apply for asylum at the airport.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi,

My question is if a Syrian person get a visa to CANADA, he can apply for asylum at the airport.
Anyone can claim asylum. Getting it is another matter, but yes, you can certainly claim asylum. If you are planning to do this, you need to be able to prove specific personal hardship. I am aware that the situation is Syria is bad and obviously your country isn't stable, but you will still need proof that you, personally, are in danger of your life. So gather that proof before you arrive. The better the proof, the better your chances.

If you are coming from a safe country like SA, your chances of getting asylum go down. You should talk to a lawyer with experience in refugee law matters before you make any drastic, life-changing decisions.

Sahar123

Aug 22, 2019
Yes he is now in a safe country but without working no job available for more than ten months, his residence visa was cancelled and doesn't have enough money, their friends will help just to leave the country and he can't go back home country. what is your opinion is that strong reason to apply for asylum.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes he is now in a safe country but without working no job available for more than ten months, his residence visa was cancelled and doesn't have enough money, their friends will help just to leave the country and he can't go back home country. what is your opinion is that strong reason to apply for asylum.
Doesn't sound like it to me, but I'm not a refugee lawyer. Talk to one.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Not finding a job is not a reason to claim asylum. It will fail on that basis.

Why can’t he go back to his home country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sounds like the person may be from Syria or Yemen. They will struggle to get a visa or a work permit because these are temporary visas and it is expected that they may claim asylum or at least not plan on returning to their home countries. They can always try to get a visa but should have a plan B.