+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a job in Calgary?

Johnny11

Mar 26, 2012
I'm in Calgary at the moment as a tourist, I was wondering if it's possible to find a job while I'm here.. what are the chances to find an employer that will issue me a work visa?

shaafqatz

Oct 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-4-2011
AOR Received.
4-7-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
18-11-2011
Med's Done....
4-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2012
LANDED..........
24-05-2012
Well, sorry to say this but its quite tough, when you go out to meet employers you'll find them happily taking your interview but as soon as they get to know that you don't have a work permit they'll quietly say sorry. Because getting a work permit for an employer is a cumbersome process, they have to first publish the job they offered you to see if any Canadian or a PR holder is eligible to take that job? If they are satisfied that no Canadians or PRs are available with the skills then they'll approach the HSRDC to get a work permit...

So you see, its quite a lengthy process which most of the employers doesn't prefer to take. I have a live experience about this with my British born cousin who struggled to secure a work permit for a good one year after coming to Canada before he finally came across an employer for whom he volunteered to work for a few months without getting paid. Once the employer was satisfied he proceeded to apply for a work permit!!

Its a risk, at the end it depends if you are lucky you'll may get a work permit!!

Johnny11 said:
I'm in Calgary at the moment as a tourist, I was wondering if it's possible to find a job while I'm here.. what are the chances to find an employer that will issue me a work visa?