+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a Divorce AFTER Landing in Canada as PR

Anya12

Jul 8, 2016
What are the strongest proofs I can collect? To show cic how genuine is this relationship is? What do you guys think I should do?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Anya12 said:
What are the strongest proofs I can collect? To show cic how genuine is this relationship is? What do you guys think I should do?
I suggest you wait awhile after your divorce is finalized to remarry and visit him a few times first.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Take it slowly. The timing is a red flag, certainly. But you cannot remarry until your divorce in Canada is finalized, so you will have to wait some time anyway. Take this time to really get to know your new boyfriend. Keep all proof of communication, such as phone bills, Skype logs, email, messenger logs, letters; proof of trips to see him; etc. Do not use phone cards, unless you get one that shows your number and his number. Pay more so you have proof of communication.

You are a PR now, so you can leave Canada for some time and still remain a PR. You have to live in Canada 2 years out of every 5 to keep your PR. You could go back to your country for a while and develop your relationship there. If you live together, keep proof of your cohabitation. If you stay together in hotels, keep proof of this. Take lots of photos. Get to know one another's families and friends.

It might help to show that it is your husband who wanted to divorce so quickly, and that you were completely taken by surprise. You can explain this in your future application to sponsor your new spouse.

Anya12

Jul 8, 2016
Thank you so much for directing me on the right path... please pray for God for me..hope I'll overcome all the trumajor I'm going through..anyways I decided if my new boyfriend didn't get the visa I'm gonna live with him in my home country...

sniper23

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
What happened after 6 months of marriage getting separate..what happened to dependant child who get sponsor????

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Hello all
Hope this finds you well!
Married with a 2 year kid.
Landed in 2016 and returned back to home country to finalize some business issues and got divorced.
Any PR conditions?
All the three PR will remain valid ?
Thanks for your help

zbridge

Jul 17, 2018
If one sponsors there spouse to Canada and a divorce takes place are they entitled to half of the money or wealth?

M

mikeymyke

Depends on a lot of things, but generally yes. Division of assets can be a complicated thing during a divorce.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
If one sponsors there spouse to Canada and a divorce takes place are they entitled to half of the money or wealth?
Generally yes. Without a pre-nuptial agreement, the spouse is generally entitled to half of the assets. The only way around this is to have them sign a pre-nuptial agreement before getting married which states that the spouses do not have any claims to each other's assets prior to marriage. But the spouses are still entitled to half of assets accumulated during the marriage.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there anyone can give us some advice and enlightenment? My friend arrived last March 2019 as permanent resident and lived with her husband who got her as his dependent (separate rooms) and the only reason why she’s here is to look after their child who is still a minor. They were physically separated for 10 years (no legal separation/divorced). Now she wants to file a divorce here right away but a lawyer told her that she needs to be physically separated to her husband for a year before filling the divorce and their 10 years separation before is not considered. Thank you everyone
Your friend committed immigration fraud. As they were separated for 10 years, she did not qualify as a dependent.

Reactions: YVR123