+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a Divorce AFTER Landing in Canada as PR

CMMMS

Jun 17, 2011
So does that mean as soon we divorce she will deport me because we did not spend 2 years togehter ?? iam sonfused really !!

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
You keep asking the same question, and several people have advised you that no, you cannot be deported by your wife. Only if you lied (called misrepresentation) in your PR application can you be deported.

So, if you did not lie, rest easy. If your wife really has a lawyer who says you can be deported just because your wife dislikes you now, then he or she is simply wrong. Ask your wife to get the lawyer to put the threat in writing, then complain to the provincial legal association that the lawyer is either incompetent (does not know the Law) or unethical (knows the Law, but is telling your wife what she wants to hear to increase the size of the legal bill).

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toby said:
....then complain to the provincial legal association that the lawyer is either incompetent (does not know the Law) or unethical (knows the Law, but is telling your wife what she wants to hear to increase the size of the legal bill).
Brilliant Toby.

O

ola1234

canadianwoman said:
She cannot get you deported. You have your PR card already. If you two break up 6 months after you landed in Canada, it does not look like a marriage of convenience anyway. At least it will not look like a marriage of convenience to the Canadian government enough for them to try to deport you. She can report you to Canada Border Services and CIC and state that you married her just to come to Canada, but if she cannot prove this, the government will do nothing. Most of the time, the gov't does nothing even when the sponsor can prove it was a marriage of convenience - for example, there have been cases where the applicant came to Canada and left the sponsor the first day, and the gov't did nothing.

You will need a lawyer to help you with the divorce. Get a job, find your own place, and try to get on with your life. If you can't find a job, you can apply for welfare, and your wife will have to pay the government this money back.

(However, if your wife does have any evidence that you lied on your PR application, she can tell CIC, and they will try to deport you. But as long as everything with the application was OK, you should be fine.)

Hi everybody ....

Thank's to all members for those informations that help me a lot to understand how it works ..
But ,what if the sponsor who lied ? ( who sponsored me to Canada ) , so i'll be deported ? i'm in Canada for 8 months now , and work ... ?

Thank you all for the help .

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Did your sponsor lie on the application? If that is what you mean, then if CIC found out about it and the lie was about something serious, the government might try to deport you. Usually, though, once you have the PR the government does not investigate any more, unless the sponsor complains to them about the applicant - such as saying the applicant ran away after two weeks in Canada or something like that.

For the government to investigate a complaint by a sponsor, the sponsor will need proof.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CMMMS said:
Well she just contacted me and said her lawyer will contact my embassy and immegration and she will force me to leave i just dont know what els to do and iam affraid she will deport me !! just because i cant take her angar any more !! is it really legal she can do this ? or she is just scaring me ? any advice please folks !!!
You realize that she is probably lieing to you to freak you out.

O

ola1234

canadianwoman said:
Did your sponsor lie on the application? If that is what you mean, then if CIC found out about it and the lie was about something serious, the government might try to deport you. Usually, though, once you have the PR the government does not investigate any more, unless the sponsor complains to them about the applicant - such as saying the applicant ran away after two weeks in Canada or something like that.

For the government to investigate a complaint by a sponsor, the sponsor will need proof.

good morning members and readers ...

Thanks CanadianWoman ..

not clear lie .. but he hide some info. about himself some issue with the gov. .. not about me.. i didn't lie . i'm still living with him 8 months now .. but lately began some big problems between us , and he can do his best to deport me ...even he can risk everything..

What do u think ?
thank you again .. and any comments from other members

CMMMS don't worry .. you are a man and safe if u didn't lie to imm. u can find a job and begin your life .

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I think if your sponsor lied on the application, and now wants to get you deported and is willing to admit he lied on the application, if the government decides to try to deport you because he was ineligible as a sponsor (and it would have to be a lie that covered up something serious enough to make him ineligible to sponsor), then you could appeal basing your case on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

In other words, I don't think he will be able to get you deported just because he lied.

CMMMS

Jun 17, 2011
The funny thing is i love her so much and now i am asking to go back and she refused so bad !!! and i dont know what to do more i went councling and still do but she refuses me in every way and it hurt bad so any one going throw a divorce please think before you do this because if you love someone so much you have to forgive and my wife i dont know if she still my wife she did not forgive me !!! it hurt bad !!

CMMMS

Jun 17, 2011
Well she is fighting me now to send me home i mean back to my country and i am tired of this i just need to know is she able to do so or not ? please advice my life turn to be like hell and i tried every thing to make it work out but not she refuses and she is with somone i guess so what i am suppose to do really ?

Mrs Proper

Apr 2, 2011
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-20-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Request
redo May 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct19,2011
VISA ISSUED...
oct 25,2011
LANDED..........
landed in toronto oct 27,2011
Its time to move on and worry about yourself, and make yourself happy!!! If she's moved on then look at it that its her loss. She's not worried about what you are doing or if you are happy or not so its time you do the same!

Mrs Proper

Apr 2, 2011
Visa Office......
kgn
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-20-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Med's Request
redo May 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
oct19,2011
VISA ISSUED...
oct 25,2011
LANDED..........
landed in toronto oct 27,2011
People have already told you that once you are a permanent resident that she can't deport you.if she want to say it was a fraudulent marriage then she could get in trouble for it as well. So I really think you have nothing to worry about.