+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting a Divorce AFTER Landing in Canada as PR

Davidaxel

Aug 15, 2015
https://www.google.com/maps/place/918+16+Ave+NW,+C
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlieD10 said:
Get a lawyer. Talk to someone in a Legal Aid office or whatever the equivalent is in Canada. Don't just sit there and leave everything up to her, you have already been told that she cannot deport you, and you have rights. We can only give so much advice here, you need LEGAL representation to assert your rights within the situation.
Hello,
I agree with You it's safe way.

Davidaxel

Aug 15, 2015
https://www.google.com/maps/place/918+16+Ave+NW,+C
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EC27 said:
I am a Canadian citizen who sponsored my husband. We got married in the UK and have been married since 2007. His was granted PR in April, 2011 then landed in May, 2011. Unfortunately, we've grown apart over the past years but did not realise that until recently.
My question is, am I allowed to get a divorce? I understand that due to the undertaking I signed, I am financially responsible for him for 3 years. However, I read an article somewhere about how the immigration might pass a regulation on a certain length of time the couple must remain married?

I look forward to some responses and answers. Thank you. :)
If you must be want to divorce then i have A best way for getting divorce must be check this.
https://www.divorcedealer.com/

Anya12

Jul 8, 2016
I need help and advice.. :(
Me and my husband got married on 2009 Feb 28th.we were happily married. Applied for prone 2013 and got the visa on 2015 Dec. He was the main applicant and I'm the dependent. We moved to Canada on April 2016.NAWAS things have changed..my husband is not the same person anymore he loves only canada.I'm all alone herected he is separate from me now. He is gonna file for divorce after completing one year of stay in canada. The only person who cares about me is my best friend from home a guy.he is ready to accept me after I divorce. He is asking me to come back home and live there. I wanna know can i marry him after my husband divorce me and can i sponsor him here.since it will be my second marriage I'm scared weather here can come here. Please someone direct me. Pllll

Anya12

Jul 8, 2016
Anya12 said:
Me and my husband got married on 2009 Feb 28th.we were happily married. Applied for prone 2013 and got the visa on 2015 Dec. He was the main applicant and I'm the dependent. We moved to Canada on April 2016.NAWAS things have changed..my husband is not the same person anymore he loves only canada.I'm all alone herected he is separate from me now. He is gonna file for divorce after completing one year of stay in canada. The only person who cares about me is my best friend from home a guy.he is ready to accept me after I divorce. He is asking me to come back home and live there. I wanna know can i marry him after my husband divorce me and can i sponsor him here.since it will be my second marriage I'm scared weather here can come here. Please someone direct me. Pllll

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You are a PR. As such, you can leave Canada, and go back to your own country. As soon as you are divorced, you can marry again. To sponsor your new spouse, you will have to be residing in Canada, and stay in Canada for the duration of the processing.

Anya12

Jul 8, 2016
Thank you so much canadianwomen. Your words were the sweetest words I've herd after landing here. I was going through other topics and found out its a red flag to be in second marriage when it comes to sponsor the second spouse. As long as my current marriage took place in 2009 I hope it will not be a problem for me to sponsor the new person? Will it be a problem cos we are separated 6 month so after landing . I never thought life will be so hard and people can change so quickly. May be this is my destiny.

StormForce

Aug 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya12 said:
You can not sponsor immediately. Can't sponsor for 5 years after sponsoring your previous spouse. However, on the bright side, since he left you within two years, he has to go back from whence he came.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
StormForce said:
You can not sponsor immediately. Can't sponsor for 5 years after sponsoring your previous spouse. However, on the bright side, since he left you within two years, he has to go back from whence he came.
The 5 year ban does not apply to Anya12. Anya12 was not sponsored through spousal PR process in which the 5 year ban applies to sponsored PR spouses. Anya12 can sponsor any new PR spouse anytime she wants.

Anya12

Jul 8, 2016
I was not sponsored by my husband. We applied together. But he is the main applicant and I'm the accompanied dependant. Thank you guys for stress reduction answers. will my second marriage will be a red flag to sponsor anew husband. What you think is it OK to say yes to my friend since my husband is divorcing me..? Will cic grant him to come as my spouse here? I wanna know all these ...cos I don't wanna mess with my life and someone else's life too

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Anya12 said:
I was not sponsored by my husband. We applied together. But he is the main applicant and I'm the accompanied dependant. Thank you guys for stress reduction answers. will my second marriage will be a red flag to sponsor anew husband. What you think is it OK to say yes to my friend since my husband is divorcing me..? Will cic grant him to come as my spouse here? I wanna know all these ...cos I don't wanna mess with my life and someone else's life too
Ye, it is a big red flag that you immigrated with your husband only 3 months ago, have now separated and are already looking to sponsor someone else from your home country.

It won't be impossible but you will need serious proof of relationship.

Anya12

Jul 8, 2016
I got it... what can I do for that... and our divorce will be finalized end of next year2017. After that only I marry someone else. (Not yet confirmed) what are three evidence can i provide to the cic . I'm in here and he is in South Asia. Please direct me. Or shall I leave my PR aside and go to my home country