+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting 10,000 USD from uncle is acceptable?

tehminanawaz

Sep 3, 2018
Hi Guys,

I live in Pakistan and my uncle lives in Dubai. He is sending me 10,000 USD as a gift so that I am able to fulfill my fund requirement. If I upload a Remittance certificate and a signed affidavit from my uncle claiming that I can use this fund, would this be acceptable to CIC? I am concerned since this is not an immediate family member CIC might have issues with this.

I would really appreciate your help in this matter.

Thanks.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Any chance you can have the funds from one of your parents ? It's difficult to tell conclusively but you can always explain why it's coming from your uncle etc.

tehminanawaz

Sep 3, 2018
Any chance you can have the funds from one of your parents ? It's difficult to tell conclusively but you can always explain why it's coming from your uncle etc.
This money does actually belong to my parents. They have an apartment in Dubai and this is the rent from that property over the last year. It goes to my uncles bank account who lives there. We do have the property documents to prove this. Should I try to explain this to CIC?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Would getting money from my brother be better as opposed to my Uncle?
Ok, since this is actually your parents' money. Can you have your uncle transfer them to your parents and your parents would transfer the money to you ? You get a gift deed from your parents and that should be it.

tehminanawaz

Sep 3, 2018
Ok, since this is actually your parents' money. Can you have your uncle transfer them to your parents and your parents would transfer the money to you ? You get a gift deed from your parents and that should be it.
I thought about that but wouldn't I need to attach a bank statement of my parents account with it as well? That would show that recent money transaction and then wouldn't I need to prove the source of that money anyways?