+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020
Finally got my SIN changed- 2nd application. Funny enough i used the same documents as the first time when they replied me by saying certain essential documents were missing.

Submitted May 29, approved June 4 and just got the letter in my mail now.
Documents used
PR letter only (I do not have COPR) and
Passport (front and back cover pages with the data page) - Primary document
Drivers license and my Passport again (Secondary doc)
Study permit and phone bill (proof of address)
My application was refused too. I uploaded the same documents in the second application including the refusal letter. No answer yet.

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
My application was refused too. I uploaded the same documents in the second application including the refusal letter. No answer yet.
Well, try login into your CRA account, if it works then they have not changed it, if it doesn't work then you should receive your new SIN, apparently with your new SIN you have to create a new CRA account. They would of course link it with your old account.

Reactions: senhari2005

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Well, try login into your CRA account, if it works then they have not changed it, if it doesn't work then you should receive your new SIN, apparently with your new SIN you have to create a new CRA account. They would of course link it with your old account.
What is CRA? How do I register for that?

Mmaindak

Jul 19, 2017
Is there anyone who applied online and then called up to check up on their online status?
Can you tell me how much time it takes for it to show up on the system?
I applied for my SIN online on June 1st along with my passport, Signed COPR and offer letter as proof of address, and have been calling every day, but the agents still say that they can't see anything in their systems.
Thanks!
Happened to me couple of times...they would find mine if I gave my complete name including middle to search

El_Brujo81

Sep 4, 2019
Hi everyone! I only have my PR confirmation letter but do not have my unsigned COPR document. How did you receive this? Was it in GCKEY or via Mail?
Hi @Imjennah,

Only applicants who received Passport Request (PPR) email and submitted their passports to CPC Ottawa before March 18, 2020, are getting COPR documents along with their passports stamped with a counterfoil (PR Visa). Inland applicants among this group need to validate their COPR by reaching out to IRCC local offices (I know this by personal experience). Outland applicants are still required to land though.

Otherwise, Inland applications approved after March 18, 2020, are getting what most people call PR Confirmation Emails, which is basically a COPR letter.

Short answer, if you have a COPR letter you're good. I wouldn't worry too much about not having a COPR document.

-----------
Applied for new SIN on June 2. Still waiting for it.
1st Document: COPR letter + DL
2nd Document: Passport
Proof of Address: Health Card

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hi @Imjennah,

Only applicants who received Passport Request (PPR) email and submitted their passports to CPC Ottawa before March 18, 2020, are getting COPR documents along with their passports stamped with a counterfoil (PR Visa). Inland applicants among this group need to validate their COPR by reaching out to IRCC local offices (I know this by personal experience). Outland applicants are still required to land though.

Otherwise, Inland applications approved after March 18, 2020, are getting what most people call PR Confirmation Emails, which is basically a COPR letter.

Short answer, if you have a COPR letter you're good. I wouldn't worry too much about not having a COPR document.

-----------
Applied for new SIN on June 2. Still waiting for it.
1st Document: COPR letter + DL
2nd Document: Passport
Proof of Address: Health Card
Thank you so much for your thorough response, this is assuring for me.

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
I think maybe @aabiola made a mistake. Let him/her reply. Because looking at other people who applied on 7th May, their series is around 39k and you applied on 12th May, so 53k makes perfect sense. I applied on 21st, mine is 76k
Did not make any mistake ..I have gotten my sinumber already

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am a new immigrant to Canada and as required by law, I completed my 14 day self isolation and finally on the 16th day went to TD bank and opened an account. Although they promised that they will send out a statement by mail they provided me a stamped letter called "assessment of funds" . The AOF letter had my name , account number , balance and details of the person who generated the letter on TD bank's letterhead.

I have used the stamped assessment of funds letters , my passport (1st and last page) and signed COPR to apply for SIN

My question is if this is enough or should I have waited for the physical statement to arrive in mail. I do not have a driver's license / rental agreement as of now .

Thanks

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020
It is working. So they haven't changed anything again.

manahilsami04

May 15, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am a new immigrant to Canada and as required by law, I completed my 14 day self isolation and finally on the 16th day went to TD bank and opened an account. Although they promised that they will send out a statement by mail they provided me a stamped letter called "assessment of funds" . The AOF letter had my name , account number , balance and details of the person who generated the letter on TD bank's letterhead.

I have used the stamped assessment of funds letters , my passport (1st and last page) and signed COPR to apply for SIN

My question is if this is enough or should I have waited for the physical statement to arrive in mail. I do not have a driver's license / rental agreement as of now .

Thanks
did the aof mention ur ontario address?

manahilsami04

May 15, 2019
I came through the express entry and made my first landing on june 9th. Please advise if i need to apply for PR card or will it come automatically to my address?

manahilsami04

May 15, 2019
Yes, it mentions my present address in Toronto. Just skeptical if they still require a "mailed" statement
all the need as proof of addres is

An acceptable proof of addresses is a document issued by an institution or organization, which contains the following two elements:

• your name (surname and given name); and
  • your address