+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I submitted my application for new SIN yesterday (online). However before that I had applied for some programs using my old SIN, which is now expired. Is this okay?

I will keep you updated, I am located in Montreal, Quebec

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
Hello Everyone,

I submitted my application for new SIN yesterday (online). However before that I had applied for some programs using my old SIN, which is now expired. Is this okay?

I will keep you updated, I am located in Montreal, Quebec
I think they will link your old and new SINs, dont worry about that.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have raised a service request today, and got a call just now ..
The officer who called me said i should put “ update of status “ as an application type ..
And the following documents
1. Passport In colour (first and last page )
2. Letter from immigration stating that you’re a permanent resident
3. Any address proof ( drivers license/utility bill / or any other accepted proof that is listed on the website ) .. I’m going with my Manitoba hydro Bill.

I hope this helps :)
Have you received your new SIN?

akl1

Jan 22, 2019
Hello Friends,

We have few queries below for applying for the PR card:
  1. In the PR Confirmation letter, it is mentioned to send both the copies of COPR document along with one photo - Do we need to send both the original copies of the COPR document or the xerox copies?
  2. If we send the original copies of COPR documents, then do we need to send the return envelope along with our package for IRCC to send us back the COPR docs and PR card?
  3. In the PR Confirmation letter, it is mentioned to write UCI and name on the back of the photo unless it is attached to COPR. One of our COPR document has our photo attached to it. Do we need to send our photos again with UCI and name written on the back of it or just the COPR documents would work?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Has anyone with recent e-mail PR Landing Confirmation Letter applied for SIN and got it successfully?
Did you also upload copy of unsigned COPR document?

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Has anyone with recent e-mail PR Landing Confirmation Letter applied for SIN and got it successfully?
Did you also upload copy of unsigned COPR document?
I have used the Confirmation Letter, but havent heard anything yet. How did you access the unsigned COPR document? Was it sent to you via email?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I have used the Confirmation Letter, but havent heard anything yet. How did you access the unsigned COPR document? Was it sent to you via email?
This was application for inland parents. They got their COPRs by Canada Post.

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
This was application for inland parents. They got their COPRs by Canada Post.
How long after approval of application did their COPRs show up in the mail? Thanks for your responses. I will keep you updated on my situation regarding using just the letter with the SIN application.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
9 weeks. IRCC is working with skeleton staff and processing times have got longer.

Reactions: Imjennah

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hi, I got my SIN card today which was applied on May/07 ...
congrats.
Are you inland? Did you complete landing by PR landing confirmation mail? If so, did you also submit copy of unsigned COPR?

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
congrats.
Are you inland? Did you complete landing by PR landing confirmation mail? If so, did you also submit copy of unsigned COPR?
Yes, I am inland applicant and completed landing by PR confirmation letter. Applied SIN with unsigned COPR copy along with PR confirmation letter, Passport and DL.

Apr 15, 2020
Is there anyone who applied online and then called up to check up on their online status?
Can you tell me how much time it takes for it to show up on the system?
I applied for my SIN online on June 1st along with my passport, Signed COPR and offer letter as proof of address, and have been calling every day, but the agents still say that they can't see anything in their systems.
Thanks!