+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
I have a question , I recently got COPR. I am trying to apply for new permanent SIN. I also hold valid temporary worker SIN with 9series .
While apply online, do i need to select apply for new SIN or update/Correct old SIN?
Help will be greatly appreciable.
Hey, did you apply ? What did you select while applying ? New sin or update/correct old sin ??

Does anyone have any an idea which option to select while applying online when you already have 9 series sin ??

kap01

Apr 16, 2020
Hey, did you apply ? What did you select while applying ? New sin or update/correct old sin ??

Does anyone have any an idea which option to select while applying online when you already have 9 series sin ??
I have selected new SIN . Yet to receive any update after sumbission

SubAlba

Dec 20, 2019
I just applied again and uploaded the rejection letter as well. Another proof of address. I dont know why its so difficult to issue a new SIN when you provide all documents that they ask for.
Back track:
My husband received the same rejection letter (RE: PROOF OF ADDRESS DOCUMENT)

He did the same thing as you did (uploaded the rejection letter as proof of address) then, called Service Canada hotline the day after to clarify if that was doable. But unfortunately, according to them, they don't accept the rejection letter as proof of address. Something to do with "fraudulent document". Funny. It makes you wonder. As if they don't know their own generated documents and maybe, they don't have activity history per applicants in their system.

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
You got to do it online or mail in.
Any estimates on when walk-in facilities will be available for SIN? Or resumption of services at airport? I heard that Ontario is easing lockdown restrictions and services are getting back to normal.

Icke

Jan 29, 2019
Germany
Congratulations.. wow that was really fast!!
What all documents did you upload?
Are you there on PR?
Thanks,
I’m with a work permit for now , but PR application is in process.
I did upload my WP, the front page of my passport and my rental lease.

Maybe it helped that I already have a job that’s waiting ? Didn‘t expect such fast processing.

Only weird thing is that I received one letter telling me they can’t process the application and on the same day I received another letter with the sin , both letters issued on the same day as :D

Reactions: rktocanada

rktocanada

Mar 12, 2020
Thanks,
I’m with a work permit for now , but PR application is in process.
I did upload my WP, the front page of my passport and my rental lease.

Maybe it helped that I already have a job that’s waiting ? Didn‘t expect such fast processing.

Only weird thing is that I received one letter telling me they can’t process the application and on the same day I received another letter with the sin , both letters issued on the same day as :D
Lol.. that's interesting to get two letters ..
But, doesn't matter as you have SIN number.. Congrats. Good luck

Reactions: Icke

CHINTU30

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have received my SIN. I just checked my mailbox, maybe it came over the weekend.

My timeline:
Applied on: 21st May
Application No.: 76k
SIN created on: 25th May
Application Type: First SIN
Province: Ontario
Documents submitted:
1. COPR as primary,
2. Passport as secondary,
3. Proof of address as my brother's apartment's hydro bill
Hi
you Submitted Copr IRCC copy or Client copy ? and your copr is sign by Immigration officer ? or U submitted unsign copr ?

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
How do you know if SIN was created. Did you check online if yes how?
It was delivered at my address. You can also call them to check about the progress, but you will have to wait for 2+ hours before a customer care representative answers your call. This is the number: 1-866-274-6627

d.c.sharma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Hi
you Submitted Copr IRCC copy or Client copy ? and your copr is sign by Immigration officer ? or U submitted unsign copr ?
On landing, the immigration officer took the IRCC copy and signed the client copy and gave it to me. I used that one.

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
I have selected new SIN . Yet to receive any update after sumbission
I have raised a service request today, and got a call just now ..
The officer who called me said i should put “ update of status “ as an application type ..
And the following documents
1. Passport In colour (first and last page )
2. Letter from immigration stating that you’re a permanent resident
3. Any address proof ( drivers license/utility bill / or any other accepted proof that is listed on the website ) .. I’m going with my Manitoba hydro Bill.

I hope this helps :)