+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

YevStruts

May 11, 2020
They process applications really strange.

My application number is 1511, I have applied on 6th of April. still waiting.

Question for you guys: as far as I understand, I can't work until receive SIN number, right ? My status is closed work permit.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada

Question for you guys: as far as I understand, I can't work until receive SIN number, right ? My status is closed work permit.
My relative's application is in 3500 series and she still hasn't received it yet. Review my previous posts regarding my call with the call centre and you should do the same

Dimzonchik

Apr 4, 2018

We have the same situation. Our numbers are 5000 and it seems that they had technical issue and they lost our applications.

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Can you share date u applied and date on ur letter when it got approved. Late 12000 is like around 12900?

Hey, we were able to connect with Service Canada agent today (surprisingly the wait time is just 1 hour and 9 minutes! lol) so the SIN of my spouse was processed yesterday (application series 26000) and already mailed this morning, so we would expect to have it by next week since its coming from NB...

probably yours will be coming this week since you have the 11000 series...

Suzziexo

Apr 11, 2019
Hey, we were able to connect with Service Canada agent today (surprisingly the wait time is just 1 hour and 9 minutes! lol) so the SIN of my spouse was processed yesterday (application series 26000) and already mailed this morning, so we would expect to have it by next week since its coming from NB...

probably yours will be coming this week since you have the 11000 series...
I didn't attach the right proof of address so my application was rejected. I had to reapply yesterday with the correct documents and my series is now 50000+ when should I expect to receive it? It seems like such a high number :(

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
I didn't attach the right proof of address so my application was rejected. I had to reapply yesterday with the correct documents and my series is now 50000+ when should I expect to receive it? It seems like such a high number :(
yeah, sorry to hear that... give it three weeks.. my spouse re-applied as well, its his second application last May 1st cause they did not accept his POA the first time...

you can try to touch base with them next week, just try to be patient with their wait time :)

Suzziexo

Apr 11, 2019
yeah, sorry to hear that... give it three weeks.. my spouse re-applied as well, its his second application last May 1st cause they did not accept his POA the first time...

you can try to touch base with them next week, just try to be patient with their wait time :)
Thank you, I'll be waiting. I attached my bank e-statement as a POA, it should be fine right?