+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

Soph971

Mar 28, 2020
Tuning-in to comment on this bit: depending on where you're staying, you can order your local SIM card online and you'll receive your it by mail in a few days (2-4 days from personal experiences). At least Fizz (https://fizz.ca) provides that service; not sure about other mobile network operators.
Yes thank you so much I have just heard about Fizz too:) I will definitely order a line first thing tomorrow!

Suzziexo

Apr 11, 2019
Hi,

Just to let you guys know that I received my SIN on May 8th, the application was submitted online on April 27th, and they finished processing by April 30th and mailed it out on the same day. M application number is 115 series.
Hi! I'm wondering if it is mailed in a small or large envelope?

plz help

May 10, 2020
Plzz help!! I arrived in Canada in march with two permits (study permit and co-op permit) . So when i go to Service-Canada for my SIN number , i show them my Study Permit only first and they said their is some problem( they can give my sin number i have to go back to airport to get it correct (note it does have the work condition on it )......but then i show them my CO-OP permit and it works (i got my SIN number on COOP permit) .........So my question is that should i go to Airport Immigration to know why i dont get SIN number on my Study Permit and does this can cause problems for me in future........( It may be a nonsense question because i overthink too much :-( plz reply anybody

BonjourCA

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Hey BonjourCA and all,

Your experience and timeline are very hopeful thanks for sharing.
Can you please confirm what did you submit for primary and secondary proof of ID and proof of address?

I am personally a bit confused the instructions say that we need 2 different proof of ID (1 primary and 1 secondary) + 1 proof of address. However, in our case (individuals that landed with a COPR letter and are waiting to receive their PR card); the valid primary proof of ID would be "both" the COPR letter and our foreign passport. Am I wrong to understand that in that case the secondary proof of ID will need to be something else (ie it cannot be our foreign passport anymore). On the guideline they suggest a provincial driving license for instance.

I just want to know if I am overthinking this ...I am holding on sending my application online feeling I do not yet have enough documents. As I read the instructions: only submitting the COPR letter + passport + proof of address is not enough despite what I have seen in other forums....

Also service canada ask for a phone number (they don't seem to accept international phone number either ...I am on the fence ...shall I give a friend number or wait to manage to get a Canadian number once my quarantine finally ends... And that I could open a bank account and a phone line...)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Hi,

In my case I was not a new comer (already in Canada with a temporary work permit and sin expiring, I don't know if it had an impact), I have submitted my COPR, my Ontario driving license + my foreign passport (to be safe) + as a proof of address my home insurance bill. My partner submitted his Copr, Ontario driving license and our home insurance not his passport and no issue. What is your proof of address ? If you have copr + passeport + proof of address it should be fine.

Soph971

Mar 28, 2020
Hi,

In my case I was not a new comer (already in Canada with a temporary work permit and sin expiring, I don't know if it had an impact), I have submitted my COPR, my Ontario driving license + my foreign passport (to be safe) + as a proof of address my home insurance bill. My partner submitted his Copr, Ontario driving license and our home insurance not his passport and no issue. What is your proof of address ? If you have copr + passeport + proof of address it should be fine.
At the moment I have Copr letter foreign +passport + plus a letter from my new employer that happens to be in educational sector (with my Canadian address) and that I hope should meet the proof of address criteria. I feel that I should have another doc for secondary proof of ID (like you a Ontario driver license would have been spot on) . The issue is that I am based in Ottawa and it seems that I can only do the exchange of my French driving license in Toronto presently. I would like to submit my application asap as I am due start my new job soon. I guess I may need to postpone my start date but still I don't seem to see how I could get my driver's license exchange.

Talking about driver license (just referring to the flag in you profile) are you a French national? Did you need to exchange a French driver license too by any chance. How did it go for you? Did you need to also provide the additional letter to justify your driving experience ?

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Hi everyone.. Please i will like to know if i got thE right APP# the number i copied from the site starts with 0000016567 will apprciate if someone can help...thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Was on hold for 2.5 hours and spoke to an agent today and they have not found the application and she said that she has encountered couple of scenarios like this and will escalate to the concerned team and they will try to retrieve the application and will process it urgently. She is going to call me in next couple of days.

Application number is in 3500 series applied on April 6th.

I hope we don't have to reapply again online.

I encourage everyone who is waiting for longer period of times to call the call centre for gollow up

Suzziexo

Apr 11, 2019
Was on hold for 2.5 hours and spoke to an agent today and they have not found the application and she said that she has encountered couple of scenarios like this and will escalate to the concerned team and they will try to retrieve the application and will process it urgently. She is going to call me in next couple of days.

Application number is in 3500 series applied on April 6th.

I hope we don't have to reapply again online.

I encourage everyone who is waiting for longer period of times to call the call centre for gollow up
I called them a couple of days ago and they said they don't have access to online applications.. My number is 12000. I applied on the 27th of April

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I called them a couple of days ago and they said they don't have access to online applications.. My number is 12000. I applied on the 27th of April
True. However once sin is issued, they can retrieve the sin record. In our case no record was found means it has not been issued yet

Pankajgoyal

Jul 28, 2017
Hey BonjourCA and all,

Your experience and timeline are very hopeful thanks for sharing.
Can you please confirm what did you submit for primary and secondary proof of ID and proof of address?

I am personally a bit confused the instructions say that we need 2 different proof of ID (1 primary and 1 secondary) + 1 proof of address. However, in our case (individuals that landed with a COPR letter and are waiting to receive their PR card); the valid primary proof of ID would be "both" the COPR letter and our foreign passport. Am I wrong to understand that in that case the secondary proof of ID will need to be something else (ie it cannot be our foreign passport anymore). On the guideline they suggest a provincial driving license for instance.

I just want to know if I am overthinking this ...I am holding on sending my application online feeling I do not yet have enough documents. As I read the instructions: only submitting the COPR letter + passport + proof of address is not enough despite what I have seen in other forums....

Also service canada ask for a phone number (they don't seem to accept international phone number either ...I am on the fence ...shall I give a friend number or wait to manage to get a Canadian number once my quarantine finally ends... And that I could open a bank account and a phone line...)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your support.
hi,

i landed in mid apr. I applied online on 27th apr and i gave as in order :

primary document- copr with landing doc
Secondary document - passport first and last page
Proof of address - lease document with my name on it

I have received my sin card without any issues on May 8th. hope that helps you.

Reactions: Akshay10

Suzziexo

Apr 11, 2019
hi,

i landed in mid apr. I applied online on 27th apr and i gave as in order :

primary document- copr with landing doc
Secondary document - passport first and last page
Proof of address - lease document with my name on it

I have received my sin card without any issues on May 8th. hope that helps you.
hii what was your application number? And what is your province? :)