+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

rxsialk

Mar 13, 2020
There is a member pinky her app no was 9800. Tats y am saying first bath was finished !! In her case her husbands app was rejected and her app was approved !!
Hi, may I ask how we know an application is rejected? Will they call us and notify this decision? I mean, if it is because of the proof of address, it would be ridiculous that they send a mail to notify the applicant, if they decide the address is not trusted, then why would they assume the rejection letter would get through...

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi, may I ask how we know an application is rejected? Will they call us and notify this decision? I mean, if it is because of the proof of address, it would be ridiculous that they send a mail to notify the applicant, if they decide the address is not trusted, then why would they assume the rejection letter would get through...
Ya sensible question but there is no authority to ask our concern. Call centre agent don’t know anything and they say they don’t have any info about our application. After 3 hours of wait they give us this answer. I got rejection letter via mail and even tat also gives standard text that req docs were not submitted. Hence submit all 3 docs primary, secondary and address proof. For info visit SIN link which we seeing online. Example !!! As everything online we can’t even get hold of any one.

Nekky16

Feb 22, 2016
I left a message using the online link for someone to contact me and less than 30 minutes later I get a call from service Canada, the man I spoke to told me that he cannot access my information as it is handled by a different office. He did tell me that they are rolling out some new program and that even though I uploaded my docs online, I should expect a call in the next few days/1 week as someone will call me to ask some questions regarding the documents I uploaded to make sure my information is correct.
I'll wait for the call and upload here if I hear anything.

Reactions: Skp1310

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi

Got our SIN in the mail today.

April 17 - Sent our docs via Canada Post Express Mail
April 20 - Parcel arrived at NB HQ
Called 3x to confirm receipt of parcel and request application status.
May 6 - Agent confirmed application has been processed but no timeline for release of SIN doc
May 8 - Found SIN envelope in mailbox

:D

Dimzonchik

Apr 4, 2018
Hi

Got our SIN in the mail today.

April 17 - Sent our docs via Canada Post Express Mail
April 20 - Parcel arrived at NB HQ
Called 3x to confirm receipt of parcel and request application status.
May 6 - Agent confirmed application has been processed but no timeline for release of SIN doc
May 8 - Found SIN envelope in mailbox

:D
What province are you from?

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
As its similar paperwork for all three family members, i don't foresee any issues.
The two family members who applied together got their sin the same day and just waiting for the third one to get the sin
Have u got SIN for the third member or any update via mail ??

Dimzonchik

Apr 4, 2018
I called them yesterday and got an answer that if you had used a document in the first primary document, you could not use the same document as a secondary one. We have to add ANOTHER GOVERNMENT issued document, for example - a driver's license. Be careful.

rxsialk

Mar 13, 2020
Hi,

Just to let you guys know that I received my SIN on May 8th, the application was submitted online on April 27th, and they finished processing by April 30th and mailed it out on the same day. M application number is 115 series.

Soph971

Mar 28, 2020
Hi,

I applied for the SIN online on April 27th. I was 10450.
I received my SIN number today by mail. Based on the document date, this is my timeline:

27 April - Online application - 10450
29 April - SIN created by Service Canada
30 April - Post stamp (Departed from Halifax NS)
06 Mai - SIN received in the mail

My partner applied by mail on April 20th. It was received by Service Canada (Bathurst NB) on April 27th. He is still waiting for the SIN and his documents.

We are based in Toronto.
Hey BonjourCA and all,

Your experience and timeline are very hopeful thanks for sharing.
Can you please confirm what did you submit for primary and secondary proof of ID and proof of address?

I am personally a bit confused the instructions say that we need 2 different proof of ID (1 primary and 1 secondary) + 1 proof of address. However, in our case (individuals that landed with a COPR letter and are waiting to receive their PR card); the valid primary proof of ID would be "both" the COPR letter and our foreign passport. Am I wrong to understand that in that case the secondary proof of ID will need to be something else (ie it cannot be our foreign passport anymore). On the guideline they suggest a provincial driving license for instance.

I just want to know if I am overthinking this ...I am holding on sending my application online feeling I do not yet have enough documents. As I read the instructions: only submitting the COPR letter + passport + proof of address is not enough despite what I have seen in other forums....

Also service canada ask for a phone number (they don't seem to accept international phone number either ...I am on the fence ...shall I give a friend number or wait to manage to get a Canadian number once my quarantine finally ends... And that I could open a bank account and a phone line...)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your support.

eksray

May 19, 2017
Also service canada ask for a phone number (they don't seem to accept international phone number either ...I am on the fence ...shall I give a friend number or wait to manage to get a Canadian number once my quarantine finally ends... And that I could open a bank account and a phone line...)
Tuning-in to comment on this bit: depending on where you're staying, you can order your local SIM card online and you'll receive it by mail in a few days (2-4 days from personal experiences). At least Fizz (https://fizz.ca) provides that service; not sure about other mobile network operators.

Last edited: