+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Does any body know if driving licence counts as proof of address or not ? :p if not I have to send a new request:(
No !! I submitted work permit and driver’s license and they rejected.
Try submitting some proof of address to which you have access even though ur name is not in it. I seen in this forum some ppl submitted like that and got SIN.
Eg: Hydro Bill, phone bill, credit card bills

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Try submitting some proof of address to which you have access even though ur name is not in it. I seen in this forum some ppl submitted like that and got SIN.
Driver's licence has an address on it. Why would it be rejected?

MahtaAlijani

Nov 26, 2019
Thanks, Do you know if there is any way to update the application or I should totally do it from scratch ?

MahtaAlijani

Nov 26, 2019
I am really confused about it.
In website they mentioned:
A proof of addresses confirms your address of residence and contains the following two elements:

• your name (surname and given name); and
  • your address
Examples of acceptable proof of address:

• A letter from a government (federal, provincial, territorial or foreign)
  • A letter from a financial institution (bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage contract or statement, etc.)
  • a bill (from among others a telecom provider, a cable provider, a utility provider, etc.)
  • correspondence issued by a school, college or university
but in Examples they didn't mentioned anything about diving licence

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
One of my family member's application number is in 3500 series and haven't received the SIN number yet

For other family members who were in 1800 series have received their sin last week.
Have u got any letter explaining it was not processed. I called long back and they informed first batch from Apr 6-9 th was processed n sent.

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Yes I too thought it’s more than enough as it comes from provincial gov to our address. But they said it’s secondary doc and not proof of address. We can’t argue also as everything is online. First time my app no was 1633 and after wait of 20 days got rejected letter and again re applied now app no is 17500+ .

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
A proof of addresses confirms your address of residence and contains the following two elements:

• your address

• A letter from a financial institution (bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage contract or statement, etc.)
  • a bill (from among others a telecom provider, a cable provider, a utility provider, etc.)
Don’t take a chance buddy, service Canada is getting lots of req online and if they don’t see 3 docs simply they rejecting it.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada

• your address

I used the health card temporary form (from ICBC in BC) and it was accepted. I am not sure why the drivers licence won't be accepted.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Have u got any letter explaining it was not processed. I called long back and they informed first batch from Apr 6-9 th was processed n sent.
The batch of series 1400 was processed last to last week and now i suppose this week the series upto 2000 will be processed.
I am not sure if the information about applications submitted from 6th to 9th is correct or not.
It won't be rejected for my family member because the other two family members got it already with similar paperwork

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Yes I too thought it’s more than enough as it comes from provincial gov to our address. But they said it’s secondary doc and not proof of address. We can’t argue also as everything is online. First time my app no was 1633 and after wait of 20 days got rejected letter and again re applied now app no is 17500+ .
That's weird.

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
The batch of series 1400 was processed last to last week and now i suppose this week the series upto 2000 will be processed.
I am not sure if the information about applications submitted from 6th to 9th is correct or not.
It won't be rejected for my family member because the other two family members got it already with similar paperwork
There is a member pinky her app no was 9800. Tats y am saying first bath was finished !! In her case her husbands app was rejected and her app was approved !!