+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hey all, I got a letter from service Canada stating my request was not processed as docs are missing. I submitted my work permit and drivers licence and I’m super confused about this letter. Anyone in same situation??
Oh no.. you did not submit a copy of your COPR?

I didn't get any mail yet... probably cause my series was at 9000

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Oh no.. you did not submit a copy of your COPR?

I didn't get any mail yet... probably cause my series was at 9000
Nope am inland applicant and waiting for PR . Tats y I submitted my open work permit. Now again one more month need to wait I guess.

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Nope am inland applicant and waiting for PR . Tats y I submitted my open work permit. Now again one more month need to wait I guess.
Oh your waiting for PR and on WP right? Dang.. I guess they did not go thoroughly on your request for SIN... What were the missing docs they want you to send then?

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Oh your waiting for PR and on WP right? Dang.. I guess they did not go thoroughly on your request for SIN... What were the missing docs they want you to send then?
It was standard message that we see online. Primary, secondary and address proof.

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
It was standard message that we see online. Primary, secondary and address proof.
Hopefully they will respond to you soon... Can I ask if you are from Toronto area? I noticed they haven't responded yet to applicants from BC province (I'm from BC) only mostly from Toronto so far...

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hopefully they will respond to you soon... Can I ask if you are from Toronto area? I noticed they haven't responded yet to applicants from BC province (I'm from BC) only mostly from Toronto so far...
Ya I’m from Toronto!! I called yesterday to inquire abt my status and agent said they don’t have any info but first bath from 6 th to 9 th who applied online were dispatched u guys will get this week end or next week start.

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Ya I’m from Toronto!! I called yesterday to inquire abt my status and agent said they don’t have any info but first bath from 6 th to 9 th who applied online were dispatched u guys will get this week end or next week start.
Nice to know you were able to call them! I was trying calling them again for the 4th day now and been on hold for 2-3 hours, then no luck :D

Thanks for the update and I hope we all get our new SIN :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I got SIN for two family members today in the mail. The series was 1800 and we are still waiting for SIN for 3rd family member whose series is in 3500. Hopefully in next couple of weeks.

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Update!

So after receiving a very confusing letter (see previous posts), I actually received my SIN on Thursday.

Timeline:
April 3rd - Passport with COPR, application, letter of urgency, and pre-paid express return shipping mailed via Canada Post
April 8th - Application received in NB
April 13th - confusing letter mailed by SIN office
April 21st - confusing letter received by yours truly
April 23rd - SIN received in the mail, along with passport

Unless you paid for express shipping, it most likely will take a while for them to receive your application. The postal service is very delayed at this point.

I hope this helps anyone waiting. And yes, they do hold on to your materials until they issue the SIN. It's very nerve-wracking.
Hey have u done any thing from ur end after receiving the confusing letter ??

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
I got SIN for two family members today in the mail. The series was 1800 and we are still waiting for SIN for 3rd family member whose series is in 3500. Hopefully in next couple of weeks.
Did you get the SIN for your 3rd fam member?

I got mine today, but I’m still waiting for the SIN of my spouse. I wonder why they did not mail it at the same time, we both have the same application series...

Reactions: Skp1310

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Did you get the SIN for your 3rd fam member?

I got mine today, but I’m still waiting for the SIN of my spouse. I wonder why they did not mail it at the same time, we both have the same application series...
What was your series and your spouse's series?

My brother and his daughter applied together in the morning with the difference of few minutes. His was 1800 series and her was 1900 series.
We had to cross check something regarding his spouse thus we applied in the evening and the series were 3500. I would expect it to be next couple of weeks for her SIN to arrive.

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
What was your series and your spouse's series?

My brother and his daughter applied together in the morning with the difference of few minutes. His was 1800 series and her was 1900 series.
We had to cross check something regarding his spouse thus we applied in the evening and the series were 3500. I would expect it to be next couple of weeks for her SIN to arrive.
Mine was 9783 and my spouse was 9878. Applied on April 9th. Hopefully I can get his soon...

Reactions: Skp1310

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
Hey guys, I have a question. I just saw online that you need the following;

To apply online you will need to upload copies of at least 3 documents:

I plan on staying in an AirBnB for a while waiting for things to settle down. I was going to give my friends address for my PR. Would I be able to apply for a SIN without a proof of address?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I plan on staying in an AirBnB for a while waiting for things to settle down. I was going to give my friends address for my PR. Would I be able to apply for a SIN without a proof of address?
No.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada

What's your province?