+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
This is not in the least bit reassuring. Are they going to keep your passport and other documents till then? Also does this timeline aply for online applications as well because the documents are already scanned? So many questions and so few answers. Thanks for the feedback and hopefully they find a way to get more info across to everyone affected by this
I did not send my passport because my name isn’t different between my COPR and my application. I did send my original COPR and attached the checklist indicating our COPRs are originals and we didn’t need to send our passport. Though we did send a photocopy anyway.

I think online was quicker but they shut that down due to loading.

It is quite unfortunate but who else apart from Netflix is prepared for this?

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
They surely need to put something else in place? It's all very well offering help financially however you can't access it without a SIN number...

Reactions: Skp1310

omikey

Apr 20, 2020
Hi everyone,
Finally got through to them on the phone and they confirmed that mine has been processed and was sent via mail on Monday and that i should expect it any moment from now. Was really helpful. If you did the online application, chances are that yours has been processed as well and will be on its way to you. I will definitely update everyone when i receive mine but its some good news at least. have a great day!!

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi everyone,
Finally got through to them on the phone and they confirmed that mine has been processed and was sent via mail on Monday and that i should expect it any moment from now. Was really helpful. If you did the online application, chances are that yours has been processed as well and will be on its way to you. I will definitely update everyone when i receive mine but its some good news at least. have a great day!!
Really good news !!!

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi everyone,
That's nice. What document did you provide for proof of address?

omikey

Apr 20, 2020
That's nice. What document did you provide for proof of address?
I provided a hydro bill of a friends apartment and even though it does not carry my name, it went through. I asked him and he said they were not really being strict with the proof of address requirement as they really wanted something to show that you had access to the apartment they will be mailing the SIN to so if you provided something similar, it should be okay.

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
I provided a hydro bill of a friends apartment and even though it does not carry my name, it went through. I asked him and he said they were not really being strict with the proof of address requirement as they really wanted something to show that you had access to the apartment they will be mailing the SIN to so if you provided something similar, it should be okay.
That's exactly what I did too. I applied online on 6th, no mail yet.

omikey

Apr 20, 2020
Hi guys,
Received my SIN and that of my wife in the mail this morning. Was dated 15th of April which puts it at last week. Fingers crossed that everyone here can receive theirs as well.

Reactions: Skp1310

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Okay omikey members no was 1431 he jus got today and mine s 1633. I haven’t got mine. They processing according to confirmation number!! Let’s hope we will get next week.
I applied on 6th april and application number is 1800 series and omikey applied on april 9th and the application# is 1400 series... i don't get it
my family member applied on 7th april and it was in 3500 series.... something doesn't seem right to me.

omikey

Apr 20, 2020
I applied on 6th april and application number is 1800 series and omikey applied on april 9th and the application# is 1400 series... i don't get it
my family member applied on 7th april and it was in 3500 series.... something doesn't seem right to me.
I made the error. I did apply on the 6th and not the 9th and its only after discussing with the rep yesterday that i realised my application was on the 6th and very early too. So its about right.

Skp1310

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Yup so now it’s clear. They processing according to app numbers. As service Canada is closed hell lot of applications are being submitted online with in 6th to 9th and due to over load in mail and online they closed the online method I guess.