+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get PR - Express Entry or Study Diploma

balurc

Dec 27, 2018
Hi guys,

Need you advice on my plans...

I am a 30 year old guy who has 5 years of experience in HR and Financial & Credit Risk. I have a bachelor degree from Malaysia and UK master's degree in Business.I am very interested to move to Canada permanently. For that purpose I have two plans on my mind (options):

1. Get the PR through Express Entry system.
As of now I am yet to test my English , and my CRS score is still below 400 (with lowest ielts clb set).
I believe I need to get at least clb 9 ielts if i want to get the PR through this system.

2. Study in Canada and get the post study permit.
I understand that after we finished our study there (min 8 mths) we will get a year permit to stay, search for job and work there. And if I do this, I would also get extra CRS scores from education and Canadian experience.
But this plan will cost quite some money for me. I have checked the universities and colleges and I believe I could only afford college education, which I think its cheaper that universities. I have budget constraint as well. I intent to take i year diploma or graduate diploma or graduate certificate in finance or business intelligence.

And here are my questions:
1. Which path you would suggest to me take?
2. If i am to take study in Canada path, do you its worth it to take a graduate diploma or certificate there?
I mean, will the employers see any values in graduate diploma or certificate? and will the employers consider my past education and qualifications?
3. If I am to take graduate diploma or certificate in Canada, what study you suggest me to take, the one that has most value in the market? I am told to study hospitality by a friend whos already in Canada.

Many thanks in advance for your answers and for even reading this!!

ahmadsamy313

Jun 4, 2014
Go for Express Entry, don't waste time and money on the study option because at the end they will not give you the student visa. It happened with me twice.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi guys,

Need you advice on my plans...

I am a 30 year old guy who has 5 years of experience in HR and Financial & Credit Risk. I have a bachelor degree from Malaysia and UK master's degree in Business.I am very interested to move to Canada permanently. For that purpose I have two plans on my mind (options):

1. Get the PR through Express Entry system.
As of now I am yet to test my English , and my CRS score is still below 400 (with lowest ielts clb set).
I believe I need to get at least clb 9 ielts if i want to get the PR through this system.

2. Study in Canada and get the post study permit.
I understand that after we finished our study there (min 8 mths) we will get a year permit to stay, search for job and work there. And if I do this, I would also get extra CRS scores from education and Canadian experience.
But this plan will cost quite some money for me. I have checked the universities and colleges and I believe I could only afford college education, which I think its cheaper that universities. I have budget constraint as well. I intent to take i year diploma or graduate diploma or graduate certificate in finance or business intelligence.

And here are my questions:
1. Which path you would suggest to me take?
2. If i am to take study in Canada path, do you its worth it to take a graduate diploma or certificate there?
I mean, will the employers see any values in graduate diploma or certificate? and will the employers consider my past education and qualifications?
3. If I am to take graduate diploma or certificate in Canada, what study you suggest me to take, the one that has most value in the market? I am told to study hospitality by a friend whos already in Canada.

Many thanks in advance for your answers and for even reading this!!
PR trumps study permit. You can go to school for cheaper as a PR.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Go for express entry, much cheaper and direct PR. Besides you can still study in Canada as PR after landing

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hello dear friends,

I was about to open a similar topic but I have found this one.

Now that getting a PR through Express Entry is tougher than ever, do you think getting a one year post graduate certificate can enable one to moe easily obtain ITA? Besides one could also receive some canadian education, etc.

Does anyone consider this path? Any suggestions?

Thank you.