+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get permanent residence and spouse sponsor Canada? Canadian experience class

Elijahqassar

Sep 20, 2013
Well, I am an international student I study in post secondary degree in Canada Toronto ,and my husband is also here with me here in Canada .Actually, we studying here together but his study permit is just for one year (postgraduate). In fact ,we are thinking of staying here in Canada after we finish our study. For this reason, its required that at least one of us must study for two years and to work 1 year full time job so it means I will be the main applicant .So my question is :
1- Can my husband stay with me here after he finishes his study at college, and while I study here and " how" ?
2-And if its possible should I sponsor him ? "I want to add that we are legally married for more than 3 years but no children yet"

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Elijahqassar said:
1- Can my husband stay with me here after he finishes his study at college, and while I study here and " how" ?
2-And if its possible should I sponsor him ? "I want to add that we are legally married for more than 3 years but no children yet"
1. Your husband will need to apply to change the conditions of his stay before his study permit is up. He can apply for an Open Work Permit based on your status.

2. You cannot sponsor him. When you apply for CEC, you will be the main applicant and you will include your husband as your dependent. If approved, you both get PR together.

Elijahqassar

Sep 20, 2013
Thank you very much but what requirements are needed to make open work permit ? do I need a job offer from Canadian employer ?

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
Elijahqassar said:
Thank you very much but what requirements are needed to make open work permit ? do I need a job offer from Canadian employer ?
While you are studying, your spouse is eligible for an open work permit.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp