+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get Passport back

Qasim Zaib

May 18, 2022
5343 Dundas Street West Suite 105
Toronto ON M9B 6K5
Do you know how long we should wait for getting back our passport?? People can easily pick up their passport from other offices!!
Etobicoke office always makes a problem for us.
My frnd got his passport back after 8 months but it's depends on file

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
My frnd got his passport back after 8 months but it's depends on file
Depends on file?! It’s weird because we are all get our PR card.
Have you received email from Etobicoke office?when I mailed my letter, I received an email from them 3 weeks later that we set an appointment for you.

Reactions: Qasim Zaib

Qasim Zaib

May 18, 2022
Have you received email from Etobicoke office?when I mailed my letter, I received an email from them 3 weeks later that we set an appointment for you.
No any appointments from them still waiting for them response and no any emails

Qasim Zaib

May 18, 2022
Plus they have big back log so many files has to done and it's gonna be take long long process Time to get back passport

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Did you send them letters
May u tell me what is “ to size the passport “?
because at 2012 , I entered illegally in Canada and claimed refugee to Etobicoke office. They keep my passport, gave me back a certified copy sized “ true copy” , but the pages of my passport never been sized or stamped.
Hi! Can you travel with that passport after being declared a Convention Refugee? My partner is a Convention Refugee and we want to travel to the US for a vacation. We already have PR status.
Don’t travel, don’t risk. People had been travelled with PR card + home passport. In their return, Immigration DID NOT say nothing, to the airport, NO complaints from IRCC. But somebody told me, may be can be in trouble in the future. Did u asked your lawyer?
something else: Keep all your e- tickets + boarding passes as proofs, for all ur trips. When u going to apply for PR card renew + citizenship application, Immigration is going to ask for them to calculate physical Presence

Reactions: Qasim Zaib

Qasim Zaib

May 18, 2022
Did anyone receive there passport or appointment from the etobicoke office any updates?
They're taking do long to get back to you and it's hard for everyone they've been wanting for them response better you can make you're country passport again and travel back home there is no any other options for us I been wanting so long and my frnd Also same

ali19993

Jun 3, 2022
They're taking do long to get back to you and it's hard for everyone they've been wanting for them response better you can make you're country passport again and travel back home there is no any other options for us I been wanting so long and my frnd Also same
Thanks for the reply

how can i apply for the new passport without having the old passport with me. They ask for the old passport

Babaac

Jul 28, 2014
Any one has experience with IRCC office in Calgary? I went there and they asked to call ORCC number to get appointment which is impossible

InSearchOfHappiness

May 21, 2022
Hi Guys,
I sent a webform requesting my passport to be returned to me and below is their reply. Do you guys have a template for the letter of explanation so I can use it?

"Since your documents are being held by the Etobicoke IRCC local office, we invite you to send them a written request:

• By mail to the following address:
Etobicoke IRCC local office
5343 Dundas Street West, Suite 105
Etobicoke ON M9B 6K5

In your request, please include:

• A list of the requested documents, and
  • The reason for your request with justification:
    • a letter from your employer,
    • a letter from the office requesting the documents,
    • etc.
Furthermore, if your identity documents were not returned to you when you became a permanent resident (PR) and you wish to recover them, please follow the instructions below:

• Send a written request to the IRCC officewhere you became a PR including:
    • your name,
    • your contact information,
    • your UCI,
    • an explanation that you became PR without your documents, and
    • the list of the requested original identity documents."

Napster77

Oct 17, 2020
please, dont try it . you could loose your status in canada with that action. they gave you back your passport to keep it because its your property. check the below links to educate yourself. good luck.

https://ccrweb.ca/en/psr-toolkit/other-useful-info-travel-outside-canada

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2018/2018canlii140286/2018canlii140286.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQALcmVhdmFpbG1lbnQAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=5
Hi,

I have a question. My friend applied from within Canada for the Protected Person status. He has recieved the Protected Person status. His Indian passport was seized when applying for the status application. Now he needs to apply for his PR. His passport is expired by now.

We talked to a lawyer. He suggested to get the expired passport from CBSA and then apply for a new passport to Indian Embassy and then apply for the PR application.

You mentioned if we apply for passport renewal with the home country that might cause problem with CIC. But how? My friend is not going back o India, and he still is an Indian citizen, then how come this can cause any problem with CIC?

If you know, please reply.