+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get my sized documents back.

Carlos504

Jul 18, 2017
Hi everyone! Im writing this with the hopes someone can guide me to solve my problem.

I came to Canada and claim refugee in 2016, happily i became Permanent resident in 2018, the issue l that i have is that i want to get my seized documents back. One of my documents is my countrys pasport that has my USA visa. I have no intentions of going back to the country i claimed refugee. I just want my USA visa back that expires 2025. My understanding is that i can still use that visa with a permanent resident travel document that i will apply soon for. When i had my pr confirmation appointment i was told i was getting my documents when i get my pr card on the mail. But i didn't. I called ircc to get information and they gave me a fax number to write a letter to. But unfortunately noone has answered yet. Im not sure where to go because the building i claimed refugee was moved to another address. I went to the new one but no one has a clue what to do? Has anyone been in my position before and know what to do

Thanks

Reactions: live&love

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
You can't travel to the US using the visa on your home country's passport, EVEN THOUGH you carry a RTD on you. You may jeopardize losing your status in Canada. You have to forget about your passport. You need to apply for a new US visa with your RTD.

Carlos504

Jul 18, 2017
You can't travel to the US using the visa on your home country's passport, EVEN THOUGH you carry a RTD on you. You may jeopardize losing your status in Canada. You have to forget about your passport. You need to apply for a new US visa with your RTD.
Thanks for the quick reply. In this case i would need a Refugee travel document, or a certificate of identity? My cucurre status is Permanent Resident?
Thanks

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply. In this case i would need a Refugee travel document, or a certificate of identity? My cucurre status is Permanent Resident?
Thanks
You would need a Refugee Travel Document. Regarding your siezed documents, you can write a letter and send through webform, but make sure to indicate your PR application number, your personal information, a copy of your seized passport, the date you entered Canada and a copy of your PR card. I think they will reply to you that way, but make sure to write the letter in a professional way so they can understand what you are exactly asking for.