+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get back a seized passport

IrynaUA

Sep 26, 2023
Hello. I’m sorry for raising this issue again, but I need some help, because I’m lost and frustrated. I applied for a work permit and already got it, but one man at support service for some reason didn’t get me right and told me to fill in the refugee application form. I didn’t realised what I was doing at that moment, cause I thought that I need this to get my WP. When I went to the interview my passport was seized. What is the best way to withdraw my application and get back my passport? I don’t plan to stay or return to canada, I’ve already booked a flight home for November, 8.

Anna21104

Nov 16, 2023
Hello. I’m sorry for raising this issue again, but I need some help, because I’m lost and frustrated. I applied for a work permit and already got it, but one man at support service for some reason didn’t get me right and told me to fill in the refugee application form. I didn’t realised what I was doing at that moment, cause I thought that I need this to get my WP. When I went to the interview my passport was seized. What is the best way to withdraw my application and get back my passport? I don’t plan to stay or return to canada, I’ve already booked a flight home for November, 8.
Sorry to hear about your experience.. if you do not wish to continue the application - please look for withdraw refugee claim and when cbsa seized ur passposrt they must have given you a notice of seizure. please call or mail cba bsf699 (request for return of seized document. they will return the passport.

Hope this helps.