+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

get another degree OR wait to accumulate work experience?

jiayujiayu95

Apr 20, 2020
Hello all, I'm here for some advice on boosting my scores. I'm currently in the EE pool (450), age 26, master's degree, one and a half years' of foreign work experience, and CLB9. I was planning to wait till I get 3 years' work experience and I'll have 475 points. But with the pause of ITA for FSW due to covid-19, I start to wonder if it's still a good plan. My concern is the score is going to be so high in the future that I won't have enough points even with my 3 years' experience. I will have 480 if I get another master's degree in Canada, with my current work experience. Personally, I'm more inclined to go to study, because I dislike life in my home country. If I apply, I will be able to attend the program in fall 2021 (need to check with school to see if I can start earlier). But by the time I start school in September, I'm just a couple months away from the 3 year experience period. Also, If I apply for schools, I need to think about what to study. I won't be able to pay for the tuition and living expense by myself without some financial assistance, so I'll have to get scholarship and maybe work as a teaching assistant. I orginally study law, and I can't afford law schools so I'm thinking about sociology and psychology, both of which I am interested in and stand a better chance to get scholarship. So when I graduate, I will have more options because it seems so much easier to apply though CEC stream. Please also give school/program recommendations if you happen to know something. My dream destination is Vancouver. SFU seems to be a suitable school. I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.