+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get a Work Permit with a TRV while i wait for ITA

Royalicius

May 9, 2015
hey guys

So my partner and I sent our application to the EE system back in Feb 27 with a score of 429
For personal reasons, my partner and i moved out of our home country and will be landing in toronto next wednesday.

We both have TRVs (Temporary Resident Visas) and we really would need to get work permits so we can find a job until the EE gives us an ITA and the whole procesa continues.

It says in the CIC website that we can request an Open Work Permit as TRVs. Has anybody tried something like this and be successful? Do we need positive LMIAs to get Work Permits? Will oir work permits be for temporary jobs only?

I have had a few phone interviews with Toronto companies interested im hiring me but I have no idea how to handle the situation so that I can work legally in Canada while I wait for my ITA.

I also read somewhere you can request a work permit on MyCiC after you have a score already like we do and that it would be easier? Is it true?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't qualify for open work permits.

You have misunderstood the open work permit rule. This rule is for people who hold TRPs - NOT TRVs. Therefore the rule doesn't apply to you.

If you wish to work in Canada before you have PR, you will first need to find an employer who is willing to offer you a full time job offer. That employer will then have to obtain an approved LMIA (expect this process to take several months) - you will then have to apply for a closed work permit.

No - there is no rule that states you can request a work permit on MyCIC after you have a score already. Again, you need an approved LMIA to quality for a work permit.

Make sure you and your partner both have return tickets (rather than one way) for flying to Canada. Keep in mind that you are not allowed to move to Canada at this time. All you can do is visit.