+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get a new study permit but I already have a valid TRV.

Oct 17, 2021
Hello,

I already have a TRV but I need a new study permit. I have a deadline of 8th of November this year. I applied for the study permit online on the 23rd of September. Currently I am outside Canada but I can arrive as soon as possible. I was asking how can I have the study permit document delivered urgently. I have read about flagpoling, can it work?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you have applied for a study permit but it isn’t approved. Processing is around 14 weeks. Flagpoling is when you are in Canada and have your study permit approved and need to activate by going to a US border and coming back. This isn’t your scenario if you don’t have an approved permit.

Oct 17, 2021
So you have applied for a study permit but it isn’t approved. Processing is around 14 weeks. Flagpoling is when you are in Canada and have your study permit approved and need to activate by going to a US border and coming back. This isn’t your scenario if you don’t have an approved permit.
I am currently outside Canada since 2020, and I am not pursuing any studies. Since my study permit expired on the 30th of August. I need to apply to a new study permit. I am thinking of re-entering Canada using my TRV and going to the US border to get the study permit quickly.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently outside Canada since 2020, and I am not pursuing any studies. Since my study permit expired on the 30th of August. I need to apply to a new study permit. I am thinking of re-entering Canada using my TRV and going to the US border to get the study permit quickly.
Check the CBSA website for hours.