+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

German Police Certificate

Julia_1984

Jan 18, 2018
Hi all,

I am applying for CEC Inland and I need to upload my German police certificate. I am in Canada on a young professional visa (working holiday visa before that) and I went home to Germany in August and applied for the police certificate while on holiday in Germany. I left Germany on August 30, 2017 and the date stamp on the police certificate says August 25, 2017. Two questions related to that and I hope you can help.

1) Can I use that police certificate even though it was issued five days before I left the country again?

2) It has my Canadian address on it, is that ok? There is one mistake in the postal code and the translation into English points that out. Is that ok?

Thank you all so much!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi all,
I am applying for CEC Inland and I need to upload my German police certificate. I am in Canada on a young professional visa (working holiday visa before that) and I went home to Germany in August and applied for the police certificate while on holiday in Germany. I left Germany on August 30, 2017 and the date stamp on the police certificate says August 25, 2017. Two questions related to that and I hope you can help.

1) Can I use that police certificate even though it was issued five days before I left the country again?

As long as it is less than 6 months old at the time you submit your eAPR, it will be OK. But since you obtained it before you left, you would have to get a new one if it is older than 6 months at the time you submit.

2) It has my Canadian address on it, is that ok? There is one mistake in the postal code and the translation into English points that out. Is that ok?

Yes, it is OK, that does not matter.

Julia_1984

Jan 18, 2018
Thank you so much!

As I will submit everything this week, I should be ok right as I still have until Feb 25, 2018 before it expires. Would they asked me for a new one or just decline my application?