+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Genuine or fake job offer

sagarssingh

Dec 20, 2017
I have been offered job by one of Canad base company as details under
Ortis Energy Ltd
2654 Dundas St Toronto, ON M2N 2G8, Canada
+1 647-9468-366.www.ortisenergy.com
Duration: Employment Duration: 5 years (Renewable)
Designation: Financial Accounting Supervisor/Because of your 6 years valuable Experienced.
Salary Monthly: Your Projected Salary $11,000.00 CAD, which maybe receive 28th of every Month.
Refer NO.: TC/0100/TCOE-003
Is this genuine offer ?
Before proceeding I wish to verify it.
Please advise

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
First impression does not look genuine based on your post due to some grammatical errors among other things . For example 'Experienced' instead of 'experience', 'a salary of 132000 a year which maybe receive', either will be received or not. Salary seems excessive for the role but that is only based on a Google search of jobs in Canada with similar title.

If you look at the website it says they are Calgary based yet a business address in Toronto. Lot of pictures of the exec team but no detail about them which is unusual for a company. They say they are one of the top 100 employers yet a Google search shows nothing in this respect other than the link to the website

Ortis Energy search returns plenty of sites selling Ortis Energy supplements but nothing about Ortis Energy in the gas/oil industry.

How did they contact you about this job ? Are they applying for an LMIA for the job, requesting some cash from you for the application ? Are they saying they will pay for all your flights and accommodation ?

This is my limited personal view based on what you have posted, maybe it is genuine but with such limited information here and online difficult to say so decision is yours .

Am sure others will comment as well so wait for more comments

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Ortis Energy Ltd
Designation: Financial Accounting Supervisor/Because of your 6 years valuable Experienced.
Salary Monthly: Your Projected Salary $11,000.00 CAD, which maybe receive 28th of every Month.
Is this genuine offer ?
Please advise
1. Well the Postal Code is for a Finch St. Address in Canada.
2. Google maps for the address doesn't show a business.
3. The phone no. is not the way Canada shows them,, it is XXX-XXX-XXXX
4. If they are asking for money, it is probably fake $132K per year for starters is unrealistic.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well spotted PMM I missed the obvious on the phone number, just looked at the area code not format and didn't pay much attention to the post code which for sure is not Dundas. Average salaries for a similar titled role average out at 70k according payscale.com and ca.indeed.com

sagarssingh

Dec 20, 2017
They picked up my profile from www.timesjob.com
They asked few question via email.
They did not provide LIMA report
They are offering accommodation
They haven't ask for nay money
Thanks any how I will skip
Is any chance of some of my information with them which can be misused

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Definitely fake if they are offering to pay for accommodations.

Reactions: Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is any chance of some of my information with them which can be misused
1. File a complaint and/or request TimesJobs to check the authenticity of this "employer". This could prevent other job applicants on that job portal from getting conned.

2. Do look out for any phishing-type emails

3. Hopefully, you have not disclosed any sensitive information, name of your current employer, your passport details, copies of degrees, etc

4. And, if this company tries to convince you about having an approved LMIA then don't believe them

Reactions: visatest and scylla

sagarssingh

Dec 20, 2017
Thanks I have not shared my certificateson but passport details they picked from www.times job. com
I will take up with times job also
What is risk of passport details being leaked
Jaskaran

Wahid00672

Mar 15, 2018
Ortis Energy Ltd
Is this genuine offer ?
Please advise

Dear sir, i too got the offer below from the aforesaid firm.

can u pls contact me on mkhn27@gmail.com

Nafee

Apr 4, 2018
I also got the offer from Ortis energy Ltd Canada and still confused what to do as in the web site same email id is mention for job applications.

Guide line required.

below is the mail I received :

+1 647-9468-366
www.ortisenergy.com

Attention Applicant,
Ortis Energy LTD Canada,is a leading independent oil and gas company specializing in the exploration and production of domestic oil and natural gas fields through.

Ortis Energy LTD Canada got your resume details on Times-Jobs relating to the direct employment going on in our company for consideration.

To proceed further in this recruitment program, you are to download the attached files and provide the needful details.

Your qualification and work experience can be considered in line with a number of vacant positions will currently needs qualified applicants to fill up.

Our HR senior officials shall review all the interview responds provided by all applicants and their educational qualification certificates.
Start-up Salary: $3,000.00 CAD To $25,000.00 CAD Monthly Tax-free, it's depend on your working experience.
Allowances/ Entitlements: Hazard/Inconveniences: (Monthly) Car Maintenance: (Monthly) House & Furnishings: (Yearly) Entertainment & Recreation :( Monthly).
There will be performance review after every six months and salary revision once a year.

The Canadian Embassy in your Country will help the Company to verify the genuine status of your Educational certificates from the institutions that issued such certificates before the approval of visa to ensure we are not recruiting applicants with fake certificates.

Best regard,
Jacob Hunter
HR MG
ORTIS ENERGY LTD CANADA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........