+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008): Dependant(s)

Baba Yerima

Jan 7, 2019
Hello everyone. I am a Canadian citizen (sponsor) living in Canada and I am sponsoring my spouse who lives overseas with our 2 children ( 4 & 3 yrs old) who have Canadian citizenship. She does not have any previous children. I do have a dependent child who is a Canadian citizen and lives in canada.

Question 3 asks How many members including you are in this family?
What would be the answer?

Note: Remember that all questions in this section are about your dependant. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or Canadian citizens.

My questions are :
1) Must she include me in this section?
2) Given that her (our) dependent children already have Canadian Citizenship, must she list them?

Thanks a lot.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1. Canadian citizens are not eligible to be sponsored or issued a visa......so she cannot include you or any of your dependent children who are citizens.

2. your children who are citizens cannot be included as dependents in the sponsorship application....however, they must be listed in Section B of IMM5406.....the children should only be in IMM5406 and not other form.
Question 3
Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.
= 1 (only the principal applicant who is not a citizen)

Baba Yerima

Jan 7, 2019
1. Canadian citizens are not eligible to be sponsored or issued a visa......so she cannot include you or any of your dependent children who are citizens.

2. your children who are citizens cannot be included as dependents in the sponsorship application....however, they must be listed in Section B of IMM5406.....the children should only be in IMM5406 and not other form.
Question 3
Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.

Question 3

Question 3

Thank you very very much Wakki for answering and clarifying this for my spouse. We are very appreciative of your help. Have a happy New Year. Once again thanks.

sajid73

Dec 2, 2018
Hi,
i have submitted recently SINP -OID application but mistakenly i have submitted the wrong imm0008 generic form , i have send and email to the immigration office to allow me to send the correct application but no response . the current status of my application shows in process from last 2 months. can anyone have any idea whether they will refuse or will ask me to submit additional document. thanks