+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Generic Application and Application to Sponsor form updates

zmahe

Feb 27, 2014
So my wife in the Philippines completed her forms and mailed them to me. They arrived today. I'm putting everything together and I see that the CIC website has updated those 2 forms in June 2014. As far as I can tell, they are identical other than the little date stamps at the bottom. For example, mine say IMM 0008 (11-2013) E, while the new one says IMM 0008 (06-2014) E. It shows that date stamp below each of the little barcodes it makes you print. Are we going to have to re do both of these forms (which require original dated signatures) and wait for the physical copies to travel through the mail again in order for our application to be valid?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although you may not have noticed what was changed, I can assure you that something was changed.

CIC would not update a form to simply change the date stamp on the bottom of the form. BTW, the `E' simply means that it is the English version.

Whether or not they would return your entire application is anyone's guess, but if you do send your wife these updated forms to complete, and then wait for her to mail them to you...it's possible that they will update another one while you're waiting.

Didn't they also update one of the Sponsor's forms recently as well?

zmahe

Feb 27, 2014
Yeah, they updated the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking IMM 1344 as well. There may be more updated forms, but as far as I can tell those are the only updated ones that apply to our case.