+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

General questions about Alberta (Calgary)

C

cchabert

Thanks Eduardo, I'm mentally ready to feel the winter, Leon said if I survive one winter I can be consider a real Canadian. :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
And that make he gas more expensive I assume, also if the car froze when you will be able to use it again or you need a new engine??
For my coworker, it cost him $200 for the shop to do something for the car to get it running again. Maybe he was lucky it wasn't more.

C

cchabert

sam-in-okotoks said:
Hi
This link might help you
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081105/CGY_grocery_basket_081104/20081105?hub=CalgaryHome
Samantha
Thank you again for this link, I have a question about....how about Walmart and Costco? are you familiar with them? are they cheaper? also is good thing the groceries stores of the link have avocado I like them a lot, and the price is the same here in USA

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to shop around. I have shopped in most of those places, Safeway, Superstore, Walmart and Costco. Some things are cheaper in one, other things are cheaper in the other. You have to figure out what items you are buying and where they are the cheapest and your weekly shopping trips might be one week to one store to stock up on what is cheap there and one week to the other. Checking up on their weekly deals might pay off too. If you have the Safeway loyalty card you can save a lot if you stock up while your items are on sale. If you shop at Save-on, they have a points card, if you shop at Superstore, you can get points for store credit there too if you have a checking account at Superstore or a master card. They give you free banking and you also get points for store credit on everything you buy with a Superstore Mastercard, not just in their store.

C

cchabert

Cool Thank you Leon, this was very helpful, so you have 1000 of cards from all the shopping stores an Alberta right? :-D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolutely. I have my banking at Superstore. Actually it's called PC financial. I have a mastercard from them too. My mortgage is also there. I don't actually shop at Superstore that much because it's out of the way for me but I have a Safeway club card and airmiles for when I go there because that is close to me. If somebody wants to give you money, would you say no?

C

cchabert

I have some cards here too, so I'll do the same over there :-D