+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gender mistake in my visitor visa application

Jaypa11

Jan 8, 2018
Hi,

I have made a visitor visa application for my parents. I accidentally selected gender from my mother as Male and submitted the application. I have application number and UCI number which gets generated once payment is done.

I have sent numerous emails to Delhi Immigration office and it is still under process. This has been more than 30 days now and I still haven't got any reply. My finger print 30 day validity has also been expired as VAC asked me not to come for finger print appointment unless you get the Gender mistake sorted.

I have decided to withdraw the application and create a new application altogether. I will ask for refund from them as I have not heard back from Delhi immigration office beyond normal processing time.

Do you think there will be consequences for creating a new application? I am only worried about the UCI number which was created while creating the wrong application, because the new application asks do you have UCI number and I have decided to leave it blank.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I have made a visitor visa application for my parents. I accidentally selected gender from my mother as Male and submitted the application. I have application number and UCI number which gets generated once payment is done.

I have sent numerous emails to Delhi Immigration office and it is still under process. This has been more than 30 days now and I still haven't got any reply. My finger print 30 day validity has also been expired as VAC asked me not to come for finger print appointment unless you get the Gender mistake sorted.

I have decided to withdraw the application and create a new application altogether. I will ask for refund from them as I have not heard back from Delhi immigration office beyond normal processing time.

Do you think there will be consequences for creating a new application? I am only worried about the UCI number which was created while creating the wrong application, because the new application asks do you have UCI number and I have decided to leave it blank.

Please let me know your thoughts.
1. Which city did you apply from?

2. As the 30 days submission for biometrics has passed, your application might get refused for 'Non-compliance with Section 41 of the IRPA'

3. You are unlikely to get a refund. You can try but don't expect the refund.

4. You can leave the UCI field blank for your new application. No issues

Jaypa11

Jan 8, 2018
1. Which city did you apply from?

2. As the 30 days submission for biometrics has passed, your application might get refused for 'Non-compliance with Section 41 of the IRPA'

3. You are unlikely to get a refund. You can try but don't expect the refund.

4. You can leave the UCI field blank for your new application. No issues
I have applied from Pune but my file is at New Delhi office.
I have proofs from the VAC they have asked me not to go for biometrics.
I need that refund as I have not done anything wrong and followed all the rules
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have applied from Pune but my file is at New Delhi office.
Your visa office is Bangalore and not New Delhi.... unless you have received communication from NDVO that your application is being processed by them. You must email the Bangalore visa office.

I have proofs from the VAC they have asked me not to go for biometrics.
There was a similar case of a TRV refusal for non-compliance just a couple of days ago on this forum.

IRCC refused that poster's mother because she could not give her biometrics. Her name in Biometrics Instruction Letter did not match the one in her passport.

I need that refund as I have not done anything wrong and followed all the rules
You can certainly ask for a refund. It's up to the visa office to refund the fees

faizanmalik

Dec 15, 2018
Lahore, Pakistan
I don't think so you need to worried about it, all you have to do is contact to your visa embassy they will solve this issue or they will give you a better suggestion...

Jaypa11

Jan 8, 2018
I don't think so you need to worried about it, all you have to do is contact to your visa embassy they will solve this issue or they will give you a better suggestion...
I already did been more than 30 days and I cannot wait longer so have sent them an email for refund and started a new application

Jaypa11

Jan 8, 2018
Your visa office is Bangalore and not New Delhi.... unless you have received communication from NDVO that your application is being processed by them. You must email the Bangalore visa office.

There was a similar case of a TRV refusal for non-compliance just a couple of days ago on this forum.

IRCC refused that poster's mother because she could not give her biometrics. Her name in Biometrics Instruction Letter did not match the one in her passport.

You can certainly ask for a refund. It's up to the visa office to refund the fees
I have emailed them for the refund with supporting documents. I will keep you posted.

USheikh

Jun 14, 2019
Okay there was a similar scene in a case of Student Visa and this is how it was solved.

We booked the biometrics date without knowing the issue and a day prior to the appointment we noticed it where "male" was mentioned instead of "female", however we went ahead with the biometrics and they completed the procedure with the incorrect BIL letter(knowing that it was incorrect which means biometrics is possible with the same letter).
Simultaneously we uploaded the new form through IRCC Web Form and dropped a mail to the immigration center(Delhi) and it was accepted within 2 weeks and the visa was also approved 4-5 days after the form was accepted.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: jmehta3

atiqrehman

Jul 3, 2019
Okay there was a similar scene in a case of Student Visa and this is how it was solved.

We booked the biometrics date without knowing the issue and a day prior to the appointment we noticed it where "male" was mentioned instead of "female", however we went ahead with the biometrics and they completed the procedure with the incorrect BIL letter(knowing that it was incorrect which means biometrics is possible with the same letter).
Simultaneously we uploaded the new form through IRCC Web Form and dropped a mail to the immigration center(Delhi) and it was accepted within 2 weeks and the visa was also approved 4-5 days after the form was accepted.

Hope this helps!
what form you uploaded visa application form IMM5257 and where you uploaded, please reply

USheikh

Jun 14, 2019
what form you uploaded visa application form IMM5257 and where you uploaded, please reply

There is a form called IRCC Webform on the IRCC site.The link is attached below:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Here you choose the option of replacement and amendments of documents and fill in the details, after you submit it there will be an option to attach documents where you upload the form which you want to change. ( In this case you upload the main form with proper gender and validation)
After you do this you can expect a reply from them within 2 weeks. Also mail the immigration of your region for a safer side but it is not mandatory as they reply to the webform.

atiqrehman

Jul 3, 2019
There is a form called IRCC Webform on the IRCC site.The link is attached below:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Here you choose the option of replacement and amendments of documents and fill in the details, after you submit it there will be an option to attach documents where you upload the form which you want to change. ( In this case you upload the main form with proper gender and validation)
After you do this you can expect a reply from them within 2 weeks. Also mail the immigration of your region for a safer side but it is not mandatory as they reply to the webform.
thanks a lot

Priski

Jul 16, 2019

Hope this helps!
Me to have a similar problem.Tomorrow is my biometrics. I noticed it now only. What should I do now

harish5$7383

Jun 1, 2023

Hope this helps!
Did you fill out any specific form and uploaded in that webform ?? I had filled out the IM002 request of change in gender form and uploaded in the support document