+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gender mistake in BIL and in medical examination form

Vishnu08

Jul 3, 2019
India
I got request for biometrics and medical examination. And i just noticed, in both the forms (IMM5756 & IMM1017) my gender is mentioned as Male instead of Female.

In VFS centre here, they are concerned about the mistake in Biometrics information later. So when I contacted CIC immigration helpline, they suggested me to go ahead with the process and in meanwhile they will update the correct the gender in application. But my vfs centre wants me to have updated form with correct details.

What should do now!!!!????

Jks1990

May 8, 2019
Kuwait
I got request for biometrics and medical examination. And i just noticed, in both the forms (IMM5756 & IMM1017) my gender is mentioned as Male instead of Female.

In VFS centre here, they are concerned about the mistake in Biometrics information later. So when I contacted CIC immigration helpline, they suggested me to go ahead with the process and in meanwhile they will update the correct the gender in application. But my vfs centre wants me to have updated form with correct details.

What should do now!!!!????
Any updates? I'm in the sim

Vishnu08

Jul 3, 2019
India
Any updates? I'm in the sim
Yeah..I made them amend my file and waiting for COPR...I can sure tell you the steps I did... First submit a case specific query web form from PA side... Also ask PA to call IRCC helpline regarding the same...

After submitting the form, I called IRCC 2 to 3 times..The officers who attended the calls were really helpful...Even before getting a response for my CSE I got my updated BIL soon. So just be patient and call IRCC and let them know the case...

Reactions: Jks1990

Jks1990

May 8, 2019
Kuwait
Yeah..I made them amend my file and waiting for COPR...I can sure tell you the steps I did... First submit a case specific query web form from PA side... Also ask PA to call IRCC helpline regarding the same...

After submitting the form, I called IRCC 2 to 3 times..The officers who attended the calls were really helpful...Even before getting a response for my CSE I got my updated BIL soon. So just be patient and call IRCC and let them know the case...
Thanks for the information.
A case specific enquiry was submitted to CIC on 9th September and yet no update from them till date. Any idea about how does CIC normally take to address such issues?

Vishnu08

Jul 3, 2019
India
A case specific enquiry was submitted to CIC on 9th September and yet no update from them till date. Any idea about how does CIC normally take to address such issues?

First I got an acknowledgement kind of mail for my submitted query through my email. I submitted query on August 29 and got an email on Sep 5th. Then the updated BIL on August 30th and the updated medical instruction letter on Sep 11th.

I guess you should better check the IRCC people. And check for the lag in case. There must be a valid explanation.

adanac2020

Nov 7, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-06-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
IELTS Request
04-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-09-2019

I need to complete my biometric enrollment by 20th December and I have the same issue with gender. I have submitted a Webform 2 weeks ago but have not received any reply yet. Which number should I call IRCC on? I do not know my visa processing office.

Vishnu08

Jul 3, 2019
India
I need to complete my biometric enrollment by 20th December and I have the same issue with gender. I have submitted a Webform 2 weeks ago but have not received any reply yet. Which number should I call IRCC on? I do not know my visa processing office.
I reached them @ +18882422100 through skype. If you are outside canada, you can contact them only with skype subscription.

But you can also use Google Hangouts and call CIC for free... The number is +1 613-944-4000. I raised a CSE from and I called them after 2 days from my CSE. And got the updated Biometric enrollment within 2 hrs. So give it a try. Agents in the other end will surely help you.

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
please help i am in same situation how did u received ur bil updated?

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Can you please go through from #3 reply from this thread... that's what I did to update my BIL
Thanku so much for replying I got my AOR on 8th nov and biometrics and medical on 9th November and raised a CSE on 10th November but it says they will reply to my cse in 28 days. I have given medical on 11 November with wrong gender now i am waiting for correct BIL for biometrics how much time it takes to get updated BIL? In how many days after CSE u received ur updated BIL?

Vishnu08

Jul 3, 2019
India
Thanku so much for replying I got my AOR on 8th nov and biometrics and medical on 9th November and raised a CSE on 10th November but it says they will reply to my cse in 28 days. I have given medical on 11 November with wrong gender now i am waiting for correct BIL for biometrics how much time it takes to get updated BIL? In how many days after CSE u received ur updated BIL?
I got my updated BIL in 2 days.. I raised a CSE and after 2 days I called IRCC... Within hours I got my BIL and for medical instruction letter few days later..but this was last year before corona...

So I have no idea how long it's taking now.... I would suggest to call them.... see #7 in this thread...give it a try

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Tha
I got my updated BIL in 2 days.. I raised a CSE and after 2 days I called IRCC... Within hours I got my BIL and for medical instruction letter few days later..but this was last year before corona...

So I have no idea how long it's taking now.... I would suggest to call them.... see #7 in this thread...give it a try
t

Thanks for ur inputs I will call them and see what they say thanks for being very helpful

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hii.. were you able to get it corrected within your time frame please reply i am also waiting for it to be corrected but not getting reply tried calling ircc many times but they just telling me to wait wait wait

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hii.. were you able to get it corrected? Please help i am in same situation

Ash44

Jan 17, 2021
Hi, did you get it corrected, I am in same situation and it’s been a month I contacted IRCC through webform but no reply so far, from 3 months time to get medical done one month already gone, it’s a stressful situation.