+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
It’s not wise to withdraw after reaching this point. You almost there bro , patient is the key. Hopefully you get good news soon :)
I am tired of this brother............what a disgusting system IRCC has.......They are just killing our dreams.

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
I couldn't understand your situation more as I am in exactly the same situation. I have currently living in a self-imposed isolation and have been avoiding talking with relatives, friends, ex-colleagues about this matter, and the reason I act this way is the same as yours. There is basically no timeline for SS as it is done by CBSA and CSIS and therefore out of the control of IRCC. Because of the lack of agreements on the maximum time for SS between IRCC and CBSA, the SS can take an unreasonably long time. If you search online, you will find lots of petitions about this, and people have experienced suicide tendency, depression and even more serious issues. I can't help checking my email and CIC account every 2 hours during the day with the hope that there may be an update. Although I'm an inland applicant, all my future academic and professional plans are still depending on the result of this PR application. With this application pending, I cannot move on at all. I am mentally tortured by this on a daily basis, but there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. The lack of control and the great amount of uncertainty in this process is really killing everyone. I have already called IRCC numerous times and have ordered IRCC,CBSA,CSIS notes, but none of those notes have arrived. I just feel that I'm the least lucky person on this planet, but when I come to this forum, I see hundreds of people facing the same situation, and no one knows what to do..
You know, i did the same. I checked my profile, email at first in the morning, then when i arrived in office then before leaving my office and finally at nighto_O. I did not call some of my best friends too. Some people even thinking that Canada rejects us that's why can not move to Canada. So far i understand lots of people are in SS. I don't know what to do..the anxiety, depression, insomnia and uncertainty just ruining my daily life. We just wanna move on with our present life but this is a challenging step, i just can not help my mind to do not think about Canada, it automatically happens. I stop calling IRCC but a few days back sent an email SVO, they replied that chronologically they checked our file if there is an update they definitely tell us.
All i want is file should be finalised first come first serve basis....people got ppr even their AOR far later than us, this is a nonsense processing system.

Reactions: baltzly

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
I have. CSIS notes shows no trace. So I suspect it is still with CBSA after 15 months! outrageious!
Hi , is it ok to order CSIS and CBSA note at same time ? I’m not sure if my file is with which one for security check , it’s almost 24 month with now
Thanks

tottiren

Mar 21, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP
Strange, most cases CBSA ask CSIS to make the investigations . Did you tried to ask CBSA directly?
The theory of the screening order I heard is IRCC>CBSA>CSIS>CBSA>IRCC, so I am speculating it hasn't been passed to CSIS. My CBSA notes stay the same for 15 months.

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
24 months since AOR? How long for SS then?
Actually my application received on Dec,2017 . I’m not sure when did SS started my status is processing background check for more than 17 month , so I’m going to order the note but I’m not sure which one I should order first CBSA or CSIS or both together.
Thanks

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
The theory of the screening order I heard is IRCC>CBSA>CSIS>CBSA>IRCC, so I am speculating it hasn't been passed to CSIS. My CBSA notes stay the same for 15 months.
I heard most of the files transfer to CBSA for security check and only few files transfers to CSIS from CBSA . So maybe your file don’t need to pass to CSIS

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
how do you know your CSIS is not passed to CSIS ?

Have you order CSIS notes to check this ?? for me I have been put in CSIS just after 1 months of SS.

duckondock

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Actually I’m inland PNP and normal processing time is 18 month for this category, I’m in 23rd month now . I heard security check start in earlier stages for PNP applicant because we approve by provincial first , in my case background check started 17 month ago and still shows processing, I think you’re right delay is not because they checking my eligibility or any other factors. Thanks again
background check is too general ! .. you need to find the time for Security Screening by ordering note form CBSA