+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I have a question : how can it be possible that they review details on how CSIS is conducting security check, such as in collaboration with the agency back in the applicant's home country? As far as I know, neither a call center agent nor CSIS notes could make those details public. Please shed some light on this as I am also awaiting my CSIS and CBSA notes..
I’m more aware about CBSA notes and it doesn’t include such thing. I’m still didn’t see CSIS note yet but I read thread said CSIS include date of received request from CBSA and some requirements check points . I have no idea if it’s include correspondence with applicant’s home country or not.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I have a friend who just got his CSIS notes. Basically that is just an one-page acknowledgement of tasks received from CBSA and stating that the applicant's SS is in progress. No other information is released on the notes. My understanding is that the security check process is completely undisclosed and no technical details on how the check is done and how many other agencies are contacted are revealed on any notes released to the applicant. I think the only useful info on those notes are the number of security check activities and the type of check (comprehensive or normal).
Yah exactly and this information is enough because you want only to know where your application is stuck exactly with CSIS , CBSA or IRCC. At least you know . You have nothing to do expect ordering note and waiting.

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Yes you are right, so I don't really know how that person could know that CSIS was doing his security check in collaboration with the intelligence agency of his home country. I think this info can never be released.
Well this is what my lawyer told me when I asked her to check my status with cic ,so maybe this info is only her thoughts :confused: ? But I’m sure agent told him security check is processing and There is a note on my file that saying additional verifications are required. (whats additional verification?)
Is security check is same with security screen?? thanks

Last edited:

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
If you have someone in Canada friend or relative apply for CBSA note through the following link as representative for you and you’ll need to sign the consent form
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
Or through any website provide this service also you’ll need to sign the consent form
Thank you ,
This is link to ATIP , so basically applying for CBSA and GCMS note going through same way ? because I saw people applying for GCMS with same this website , thanks

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
Thank you ,
This is link to ATIP , so basically applying for CBSA and GCMS note going through same way ? because I saw people applying for GCMS with same this website , thanks
Yah , same link for IRCC ,CBSA and CSIS

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Where did you see the annotation " additional verification required '? On your CBSA notes or CSIS notes? I think there is a big mess and confusion when it comes to the use of those terms. Some people say security check means normal security check that doesn't take very long, while security screening refers to the months-long security check that freaks people out. However, some others say every applicant goes to security screening, but only a few go to comprehensive security screening that takes months. I'm inclined to believe the latter understanding. I think the "type" of your security screening on your CBSA should indicate if it is comprehensive.
My lawyer told me last week he got it from cic telephone agent , but today when he called agent again they said there is no such a note on my file , I’m really confused

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Where did you see the annotation " additional verification required '? On your CBSA notes or CSIS notes? I think there is a big mess and confusion when it comes to the use of those terms. Some people say security check means normal security check that doesn't take very long, while security screening refers to the months-long security check that freaks people out. However, some others say every applicant goes to security screening, but only a few go to comprehensive security screening that takes months. I'm inclined to believe the latter understanding. I think the "type" of your security screening on your CBSA should indicate if it is comprehensive.
What does additional verification request means anyway?? , I didn’t apply for CBSA note yet , the link for GSMC note and CBSA are same I’m not sure if I there is such a options to choose CBSA or GSMC when applying for the note

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
As far as I know, the wording "additional verifications are required" is only seen on email correspondence between applicants and their visa offices. It is never shown on CSBA/CSIS notes or GCMS notes.

I think nobody knows for sure what "additional verifications" means, but many guess that it indicates a comprehensive security screening as it literally means they are carrying out additional checks on your background, which is reasonably interpreted as comprehensive security screening, which also usually exceeds the six-month normal processing time.
Thanks for explanation,
So I guess I should find out when did the security check start and if it’s comprehensive or not ( thru CBSA note) , because my estimated completion date was on June , so it’s already exceed 5 month from normal processing time .

Reactions: baltzly

Anna09

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Canada
Actually I’m inland PNP and normal processing time is 18 month for this category, I’m in 23rd month now . I heard security check start in earlier stages for PNP applicant because we approve by provincial first , in my case background check started 17 month ago and still shows processing, I think you’re right delay is not because they checking my eligibility or any other factors. Thanks again

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
I have been watching this thread silently past a few days. I am an FSW-PNP applicant AOR August 2018. I was RR for POF for nine months and those months were unbearable for me because i never thought my simple straightforward application had to face so many obstacles. After & months CIO Sydney transferred my file to SVO then again two months waited there then finally on May 21st 2019, SVO cleared my RR and initiated security. I was so so happy and preparing to fly even started shopping:(
Then day by day PPR become blurry and we started losing our excitement...again patience and waiting began. They put us SS do not why but almost six months gone since security commenced and here i am with you guys. I have ordered GCMS and got it...the two months back-ordered CBSA but did not receive yet. Life teaches us what actually we think that always does not happen...now at this point i am thinking to withdraw my pof ( some portion) and invest somewhere. At least by this way i can earn some money...this never-ending processing destroying everything... beleive me everythins...so better forget it.

YoYo81

May 22, 2018
I have been watching this thread silently past a few days. I am an FSW-PNP applicant AOR August 2018. I was RR for POF for nine months and those months were unbearable for me because i never thought my simple straightforward application had to face so many obstacles. After & months CIO Sydney transferred my file to SVO then again two months waited there then finally on May 21st 2019, SVO cleared my RR and initiated security. I was so so happy and preparing to fly even started shopping:(
Then day by day PPR become blurry and we started losing our excitement...again patience and waiting began. They put us SS do not why but almost six months gone since security commenced and here i am with you guys. I have ordered GCMS and got it...the two months back-ordered CBSA but did not receive yet. Life teaches us what actually we think that always does not happen...now at this point i am thinking to withdraw my pof ( some portion) and invest somewhere. At least by this way i can earn some money...this never-ending processing destroying everything... beleive me everythins...so better forget it.
It’s not wise to withdraw after reaching this point. You almost there bro , patient is the key. Hopefully you get good news soon :)

Reactions: SRayhan87

tottiren

Mar 21, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP
My CBSA notes indicate my security screening has been in progress for 15 months. It has been received by CBSA since Aug 2018 and no movement. has anybody's SS longer than mine?

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
Did you put a relatively large sum for your PoF? I was very wise that I only put in an amount that is slightly higher than the required amount, as I already foresaw that this was going to be a lengthy process and I didn't want my money to be locked in there.
This never-ending process is indeed destroying most applicants' lives. The majority of us, including myself, have some plans for our post-PR lives, but now I have to put on hold all those plans and prepare for a limbo the end date of which is completely unknown. I have seen petitions on government websites but they simply went unanswered. Maybe we have to bear in mind that all of us, as applicants, are still 100% foreigners and they couldn't care less about our lives and our plan for our lives. If another government department whose job is to provide service to Canadian citizens is doing their job in this inefficient way, people will punish it with their votes, but unfortunately we don't have this option.
Not much higher than their required. But how long we should wait??? Is there any answer...Those who applied with me got COPR less than 4-5 months time and they have already settled in Canada. Here we could not move even lots of matter are unsettled due to this PR. They never bothered even i never understand why they put me SS!! I can not bear this burden, my wife and I are very frustrated and getting tired of this shit things. Everybody ask us when will be we moving to Canada, is our visa has come etc, etc...You do not believe i decided to not visit my home because all the people relatives will ask the same. I can not change my current job for the last 1 year, my company currently going through a huge financial crisis...for the last more than 1 year we are not getting salary timley, now 4 months salary is pending....I can not change my job, if i do i will not get that money. Only if i get the immigrant VISA then i can get the money. You must understand my situation...........